how do you get baby from moses basket to his cot

LISAMJS

Reaction score
My lo is soon going to be too big for his moses basket - how do I get him to go from basket to cot as the cot is in his bedroom - any sucess stories would be appreciated. x

Alot of ppl find that putting the moses basket in the cot helps for a few days.

I had a crib, so this wasnt possible. I just dumped him him there one night, when he was 3 months old. Hes slept their fine ever since! :)

Evie hated her moses basket with a passion so at 2 weeks we laid her in the cot and she slept fine! :roll:

She looked so funny in it though- she was so tiny! :lol:

HertsMummy said:
Alot of ppl find that putting the moses basket in the cot helps for a few days.

I had a crib, so this wasnt possible. I just dumped him him there one night, when he was 3 months old. Hes slept their fine ever since! :)

yep i put Hayden on his moses basket in his cot for 2 nights and the just the cot- he woke up a few times the first and second night in just the cot but it was bacuse he lost his dummy...obviously a lot more room to lose it in!! lol
but yeah then he was fine! good luck! :)

i always put leland down in his cot in his room for naps so had no problems putting him in there at night when he outgrew his crib at 5 months

We put the moses basket in the cot for a couple of nights to make the transition.

Our bedroom is right next to the girls' one so we just sleep with the doors open and I hear them fine if they wake. However, at first we did also use baby monitors to be doubly safe.

We found Roxy was a lot less disturbed by us coming to bed once she was in her own cot in the kids' room so woke less at night. Good luck!

I put my daughter in a cot at about 2 weeks old. She was too big for moses basket :think: She diddn't know any difference apart from not waking herself up in the night hitting the sides of the basket. But a friend of mine also put the moses basket in the cot so her baby could see the bars.

Youve just got to go for it really. They adapt pretty quickly :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back