How do you cope?

Annabanna33

Reaction score
With this horrible wait till you are 12 weeks and in the "safe" zone? I am driving myself mad with every twinge or cramp I feel, I found out at 4 weeks, and am 5 weeks tomorrow, so another 7 whole weeks to go!
Just wondered what people did to take their minds of it all? I cant seem to think about anything else!

Anna
x

I can totally sympathise; the wait is awful.

I am driving myself mad waiting for my scan date; I rush to get the post everyday expecting a letter but still nothing :(
I was advised of my scan date quite early last time and at least had a date to focus on.

Hope it goes quickly for us all :pray:

Hi Anna :wave:

Im exactly the same, my fella is over the moon and getting excited but im more reserved and it wont quite sink in till ive seen the scan with my own eyes, I want this soo much i just darent get excited till i know everything is ok. You cant take your mind off it just try and keep yourself busy thats what im trying to do (not really working tho tbh).

If you ever need a chat if your worried im about quite a bit

Also i think your due the same time as me according to our tickers :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

i guess since its my first i have no idea what to really expect, and every time i get a twinge im expecting it all to come crashing down. I get so nervous each time i go to the loo! sooooooooooo paranoid its not real.
Think my due date would be around 27th March, altho guess i wont know for sure till after my scan.
Would love to keep in touch :)

I know exactly what you mean :hug:
I found out at the same time as you but I have to say the last 3 weeks have gone faster than I thought they would so I hope it feels just as quick for you :pray: :hug: :hug: and I hope the next few go just as quick :pray:

If it's any help i think we're all in the same boat! I'm literally counting the days that i creep closer to the big 12 week mark. I just don;t feel i can really enjoy it at the moment, i'm too scared to get attached to the pregnancy as i've been through a m/c and it's just horrendous. I've just tried to keep busy, but it's on my mind constantly.
At least it's the summer! Try and get out and about as much as possible. Makes the weeks go faster. Also its totally normal to worry about every twinge. God i've posted enough times on this forum with every little cramp i've felt!

Fingers crossed it goes faster and safely from here!

Ive already had a scan at 6+6wk cos i bleed, i got my scan date through the post 2 days later which is actually when im 13wks!!

I'm the same,...it feels like ita taken forever to get to this point!! In someways it feels like its gone fast, in others...sooooo slow!
I'm hoping that things speed up a little....but not too much!!!! xxx

my date is 26th march according to docs little wheely thingy, plus also cambridge only 15 miles from me and im going to the rosie, where are you going to hun? :hug: xx

i know it's awful, it seems to go so slowly. I have my scan on Tueday and I can't wait! It's my first too so am dying for it all to be ok and see my baby for the 1st time, it doesn't seem real until then.

I will be 10 weeks then so still have another 2 weeks to go until 12 weeks....each day feels like a week at the moment plus work is very quiet so it's all really dragging and frustrating.

ooer I will be going to the Rosie too! No idea ref due date except what ive done online. Am seeing the midwife tomorrow morning to get all booked in etc. Still feels way too early to be doing that, doesnt even really feel like im pregnant yet, specially with no bump to show for it!
5 Weeks today! Woohoo! :)

You just have to take each day as it comes, and believe me the weeks suddenly fly by..........although Im in Tri 2 now, I still worry everyday (and still check everytime I wipe).

Im not sure you ever stop worrying, and probably even more so once they are born :D

I have to say that having my 12 week scan made it all feel real!

You will be looking back in a few weeks wondering where the time went!

I totally sympathise as every day felt like a week and then you would get your friends saying "i cant believe how quickly its going!" I was also a knicker checker and worried the whole time. All i can say is that it does go quicker in tri 2 so hang in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back