• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How do I know if an M.O.T. has expired?

Amanda

Reaction score
Stupid question - sorry! :oops:

About a year ago, I bought a peugeot 306, and gave DH my old 106 as he didn't have a car. He is so bad with paperwork and remembering things. I know I probably should have took over and done it all for him, but part of me thinks "I'm not his bloody mother!". :roll:

Anyway, it seems ages since his last MOT, so I've just looked through all of my paperwork. I have the registration documents for both cars, the insurance documents, and my MOT certificate, but not his. Does anyone know if there is any website I can check this on to see if it has ran out? I don't mind putting it through the test for him, but feel reluctant to do this in case there's still a couple of months left on the old one.

Hi hun,

Can you remember where you had it MOT'd last? They would probably be able to tell you. I used to be really bad at that & lost the certificate once so got an MOT done again to be on the safe side.

I have a sticker on the inside of my windscreen now that says what date I had it done!!

I've got mine written on the calender and in my diary. It's DH that's crap!! Unfortunately, the garage that did his MOT burnt down about 3 months ago and it was a one-man business and he hasn't started another place up yet, so I have no idea where to find him. :roll:

tankett said:
I've got mine written on the calender and in my diary. It's DH that's crap!! Unfortunately, the garage that did his MOT burnt down about 3 months ago and it was a one-man business and he hasn't started another place up yet, so I have no idea where to find him. :roll:

Oops!!!

You wouldnt have been able to insure it without the mot certificate, if thats any help.

Thanks Hypnorm, I'll give them a call later.

Laura - the insurance and tax both run out in September, so I know the MOT is sometime between now and then.

Do you keep a diary? If you look through it you may have wrote in 'mot test' or something? Or you could look through youre old statements to see when the payment for it went out.

Izzyx

Just remember if you get stopped by the police they may ask you to produce your documents with in 7 days. or you could get fined so i would sort it asap!

Izzy5400 said:
Do you keep a diary? If you look through it you may have wrote in 'mot test' or something? Or you could look through youre old statements to see when the payment for it went out.

Izzyx

How dumb am I??!! :roll: I keep a spreadsheet of all of my accounts, and it goes back about 4 years!!! I paid the garage on 12th August, so at least we know it has an MOT, even if we haven't got the paperwork. And I can book it in for another now, and know we've only really paid for one month twice. Phew!

Thanks Izzy! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back