depression

worried

Reaction score
Hi - I'm not new to the site but didn't want to post under my name because I felt a bit ashamed. I'm happy to be pregnant after having lots of problems with getting this far. But I feel so depressed I can't cope. Some days I even think about terminating the baby, leaving my partner or harming myself. I know mood swings are common in pregnancy but this is beyond mood swings. I have had depression diagnosed for the last 5 years. I was feeling better before the pregnancy and was off meds but now I feel hopeless. What do I do? My poor OH is going through hell with me and I'm scared he will leave me.

So sorry to hear you're feeling so bad.
Why don't you see your GP and discuss it with him? There are anti-depressants which are safe to take through pregnancy.
I have suffered from depression and still do on and off. Finding out you're pregnant is such a life-changing bombshell and, add to that your hormones raging, it's not surprising that you feel like you do so don't beat yourself up for feeling rubbish.
It helps to know that there are other people in the same boat as you so you have done a good thing in leaving a message here.
Try chatting to your doctor too - he might have some solutions to help you through.
Thinking of you.
Lucyx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back