End of Christmas

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Freya, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Freya

Freya Well-Known Member

That's it I have taken all the decorations down today. I hate this time of year I always feel depressed. Am I alone or does anyone else feel this way. I could cry :cry:

2. Kimbo

Kimbo Well-Known Member

i usually hate the end of xmas, hate the "back to normal" feeling. but this year im glad it done with now

3. mary70

mary70 Well-Known Member

no i hate it too hun, i have felt a bit down last few days and i think thats what it is :(

4. kmac

kmac Well-Known Member

I've been down in the dumps too, and I always am at this time of year!
    Never mind, sure we'll cheer up soon when it's not so dark all the time!
    :)

5. trixipaws

trixipaws Well-Known Member

6. mrs_tommo22

mrs_tommo22 Well-Known Member

Me too hun, I love christmas. It takes the feeling away with the tree down and my oh back at work.

7. Squiglet

Squiglet Well-Known Member

I've been desperate to take down the tree and get back to normal... xmas always makes me paniky with the whole spending money thing... :roll: but I can't take my stuff down until the three kings on the 6th (as I have been instructed by the little blonde boss.) and its driving me batty!!!

8. skairdykat

skairdykat Well-Known Member

I took mine down today too. Glad to get them down TBH but I did feel a bit of an anti-climax yesterday :(

9. budge

budge Well-Known Member

i am taking mine down tonight. have to do it when kids are in bed coz they get all upset.
    i am after my next fix and trawling the net for a nice campsite somewhere :lol:

10. Craig

Craig Well-Known Member

Im happy its over lol brings an end to a really crap year... mind you this ones already been bad, spent my new year in hospital :roll: lol

11. MissSara

MissSara Well-Known Member

All my things are away in the loft for yet another year, i gotta admit though the room looks great and so much bigger...lol
    Just wish i would have got all my homework done for college tomorrow, wonder if you can use the " dog ate it excuse" on a mature student course....lol

12. libs

libs Well-Known Member

mine don't come down till 12th night so it'll be the weekend - going back to work today felt more like the end of Christmas - freezing cold, the heating on the blink and a room full of completely unmotivated learners - roll on springtime or at least a good heavy snowfall to give an unexpected day off :wink:

13. sazzylou

sazzylou Well-Known Member

i want rid of them as soon as new years day is out of the way. We have so much mess left over from xmas and we have to move furniture and stuff when we put the tree up....i want to get back to normal now. I normally get really gutted whan Christmas is over, but with the baby coming in April, im chuffed its another thing out of the way and im a little bit nearer to spring! :dance:

14. Babylicious

Babylicious Well-Known Member

this year I'm glad to see the back of it :cheer: :cheer: it was an anticlimax after the wedding

15. Kylie1007

Kylie1007 Well-Known Member

I took our tree and cards down on new years day - I was fed up of the clutter and space being used.

16. bonny

bonny Well-Known Member

Took ours down on the 27th and was very glad to see the back of them this year. Im hoping to have more christmas spirit next year. I felt like a real misery this year.

17. Squiglet

Squiglet Well-Known Member

It must be a heavily pregnant thing... I just didn't feel up to xmas this year at all... I would have happily skipped it all together.