how can i give up sweeties?

trixipaws

Reaction score
some of u may kno i hav a penchant for sweets. my mum was a bit strict with sweets and she was very proud that my lil sister and i never needed any fillings in our teeth. of course when i left home i could eat whatever whenever i liked, and think i made up for lost time :lol: i LOVE my cherry coke, and my floral gums that stick to ur teeth and last ages (therefore are in ur mouth ages and sugar on ur teeth ages) one day half my tooth crumbled and aged 24 i suddenly needed 5 fillings and being vain i wanted white ones it cost me about £200 :shock:

last week i had another filling done (she did it for free i was lucky!) but she took an x-ray and i need another one, for a white one will cost me £70.

i dont wanna keep spending money on my teeth, but im finding it SO difficult to stop eating sweets! its my only vice, i dont smoke, hardly drink, dont do drugs, hardly ever eat fatty foods. i dont even drink coffee! i love tea but i still drink decaf now i got a taste for it from PG and BF. i do a lot of sweets tho i think i might even be addicted to sugar!

can anyone help, support or advise? save my teeth! i wanna keep them nice now!

My advice: don't sweat it honey.

Think of what you've swapped addictions with! :hug:

Go easy on yourself, and eat lot of sweeties :dance:

my mum was a sweet-a-holic and when she was on a diet she used to get grapes, take them off the vine and freeze them and then suck on them like a boiled sweet?

:think: Maybe worth a try.... you are a fruit-a-holic as well so 2 bird with 1 stone and all that jazz :D

thanx everyone for ur replies.

sarah, i shall try the frozen grapes definately, thats a genius idea!

minxy, i kno- thanku, it is far better than what i was doing before, but i just dont wanna be spending money on my teeth- its like speeding fine money- a sucky way to spend it!

trixipaws said:
sarah, i shall try the frozen grapes definately, thats a genius idea!

I think she got it from weight watchers or something :think:

I do not eat sugar for other reasons, but I love desserts! Best advice I can give you is to either purchase a diabetic cookbook for desserts or look online for those types of recipes. They will have no sugar to rot the teeth but will be very satisfying for your sweet tooth! Good luck!

In my local shops they sell these sweets that come in all different flavours and which are sugar-free, they contain something called 'isomalt'. They taste just like hard boiled sweets and they are yummy and won't rot your teeth.

http://www.halterbonbons.com/

They even sell them in the local newsagents next to all the usual chocolate bars and sweets. I'm sure they sell them oop North too.

They're not expensive either. :D

Keep enjoyin the sweets but just brush your teeth after every portion

I have been eating sweets and lots of them since I was tiny. I was told if you eat bread or cheese (I think it is) it is supposed to neutralise the effect of the sugar. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back