• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

hospital bag

jayla's mummy

Reaction score
hey ladies im going to buy things for my labour/hospital bag tomorrow and i just wanting to make sure that i have everything i need on my list.

dressing gown
slippers
socks
nightdresses
t shirt
breast pads
sanitory pads
towels
disposable knickers
toiletries

thanks in advance ladies
xnatx

I never used disposable pant but cheap pants from asda that were 5 for £4 .by maternity pads not sanitry pads thay can irritate after birth

snacks incase you want something to eat out of meal times
I had magazines but stared at LO instead
disposable camera I got free from boots club
bra's
something comfy to go hom in

thats all that comes to mind

Don't forget your mobile - or money for the pay phones.

Have you a separate bag for the baby. You'll need to add the following to your labour bag for when bubs first arrives.

Nappy
Vest
Babygro
hat
scratch mits
if your not breastfeeding you also need to bring in your own formula and bottle.

We were told to have a labour bag with just the essentials for both mum and baby and then put everything else in another bag that will go up to the room after bubs has arrived.

The rest of bubs stuff can go into your other bag,

oh gosh so much things im going to get the babies hospital things next month
thank you hun
xnatx

If you're getting scratch mitts, Mini Mode from Boots were easily the best. They're small and so fit the baby. All the others we'd bought were miles too big on him and kept falling off which was a bit of a pain!
Mothercare maternity pads were also really good. :D

ta for the mitt advice. yeah im getting my pads from mothercare. thankx hun
xnatx

If you have a primark near you I would recommend going there for all your hospital bag stuff. I got 2 nighties, a dressing gown, slippers and 10 pairs of pants for less than £20! I don't care if I never wear any of it again at that price.

the pants were 5 pairs for £2... cheaper than disposable pants! I just bought a size bigger in everything.

Wow, this post and a baby list post were like next post but one to each other....luckily I have two great lists for both....

Your bag…

2 nighties,
Thin dressing gown,
socks,
big knickers,
maternity pads kotex are good.
Toothbrush,
Toothpaste,
Mouthwash,
Shampoo & Conditioner
Shower gel
Slippers,
Hair bands,
2 dark coloured towels for a bath
Flannel,
Hair brush,
Camera,
change for phone.

Baby's bag...

10 Nappies you might want more but I was only in overnight.
Packet of wipes,
Cotton wool,
Nappy Bags ,
Nappy cream ,
3 vests,
3 sleep suits,
Socks,
2 hats,
Coming home outfit,
Scratch mitts,
Bibs

Users who are viewing this thread