• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

horse poo

budge

Reaction score
can someone please clear this argument up please.

is it or is it not an offence for a horse to poo on a public footpath?

i have a horse trop up my road EVERY day and the rider allows it to off load several dollops of shite right outside my house or that of a neighbours. Surely this is an offence.

i thinks its ok to not 1005 sure tho
but it shouldnt be as u have to clean dogs up lol

thats my point. if dog owners should have to do it surely horse owners should too. Im sick of driving through the stuff. :x :x

Never really thought about this!

You're totally right though, its horrible :x

my dad lives in the cxountyside and the stuff is everywhere they should bloody clean it up! :evil:

thanks for that

it appears it is my problem then if a horse comes along and dumps its load outsdie my house.

Thats made me quite cross.

I get pissed of all the time about horse poo as the cops just let their horses poo all over the places. I'm always saying to DH that it can't possibly be legal for them to do that, yet it's illegal for dog owners to let their dogs poo. But there we go.

I used to work near police stables in Glasgow city centre and they would trot the horses down the road and they would crap on the road so it must be okay if the cops are letting their horses do it. :doh:

I was actually scared to read this post in case it had something to do with bringing on labour. With budge you can never be sure :rotfl:

Budge, we've got a stables near to our house and they exercise their horses down our road even though it's a cul-de-sac and totally residential. Their horses poo in the streets outside our houses every day. It's gross, and apart from that, kids play out there.

I'm with you on this - if people have to clear up dog poo, how come you don't have to do the same with horses?

I wrote to my council about it but they were RUBBISH and basically said there's no law against it so tough.

It makes me soooooooooooooooooooo mad! :evil:

Horses dont stop when the do a poo so most of the time, if you're horse poo's while you're out and about on the road then riders wont notice, plus whilst riding a horse how can it be expected for someone to stop their horse in the middle of a country road (most likely) with blind bends etc, hold on to the horse and scoop up a load of poo and then with 1 hand find somewhere to put the poo?

AFAIK it is not illigal for dogs to poo on the road, just the pavement. Horses (hopefully) dont poo on the pavement unless they have a very stupid rider.

Plus how many horses are walking about you're street everyday compared to how many dogs are out every day? :wink:

Im am just stating my opinion and in no way arguing anyone elses opinions :D

Cas xxxx

:oops: i was talking in my sleep about this last night,dh said i was saying out of poo and wee i prefer poo :oops: god knows can only think its due to this thread,then i was comparing dog poo and horses poo,aparently :oops: :oops:

loulou1980 said:
:oops: i was talking in my sleep about this last night,dh said i was saying out of poo and wee i prefer poo :oops: god knows can only think its due to this thread,then i was comparing dog poo and horses poo,aparently :oops: :oops:
:rotfl: :rotfl:

I think that dog poo is considered more of a health hazard then horse poo due to their diet. I personally don't like poo none stop but I would rather horse poo rather then dog poo. Put it on your roses, or even go and stand in it as a poo done by a white horse is considered lucky.

when we were in ilfracoombe there was a horse and cart. everytime the horse did a poo the driver would clean it up, he had one big poop scoop.

my husbands a copper and he says

"it is not illegal for a horse to poo on a public footpath,it has something to do with the poo being non toxic"

Bloody ridiculous, sh17 is sh17 if you ask me!

i think any poo should be cleand up wether its legal or not! i dont think any one can honestly say they dont mind if some one/thing shit in there garden or outside there house! :|

i agree. honestly if i were to be going around poo'ing non toxic poo outside peoples houses there would be up roar.
I understand that horses poo is no where near as offensive and dangerous as dog poo but its still an eye sore and a pain in the arse to clean off car wheels or bike wheels too.

we should put it on there doorsteps see how they like it then :twisted:

yes i agree.

i shall shovel it up next tiem and follow them home and place it on their doormat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back