• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

hoping someone can help

mummy_ov_2

Reaction score
hi

im not sure if this is the right place to post but if not im sorry

my question is..... how long will hospitals leave you before making the baby come out
my reason for asking..... my brothers gf was due over 2 weeks ago, i think she must be nearer 43 weeks by now but on friday they went to the hospital(im guessing to be induced) they told her she was x amount of cms dilated and the baby would be born about 10-11pm that night, at 9pm they sent her home and told her to come back the next day(????? WHAT ????) at 2pm on sunday she went back instead of the saturday and she still hasnt had it, is she lying to us about her due dates or are the hospital messing her around???

they will only let you go over 14 days here, the midwives at our ante natal classes said after 42 weeks the placenta deteriates and doesnt work as well. I really dont think they would of let her go to 43 weeks. :?

i forgot to say, her last one was a prem(dont know what signifigance that has hahaha)

i would have thought theywould have her in a ward by now

Im pretty sure 2 weeks overdue is the longest they will leave you. After that they need to monitor you closely (thats if you refuse to be induced).

Claire x

hiya,
I asked about this many times as was certain i'd go overdue.
They wouldnt let you go past the 14 day mark unless you blatently refused induction. then they would have her in every single day to check that the baby was ok and the placenta was still working as it should. 43 weeks is very late, especially if she was slowly starting to dialate, surely they would help her along and either induce her fully or break her waters and give her a bit of a kick start. Baby could also get distressed in a long labour when they are that far over due. Im not a doctor so cant say for sure but i think the last thing they would do is send her home. If she's not refused anything and this is all down to the hospital i'd tell her to go elsewhere they really cant leave her this long.
:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back