Hope

Tan

Reaction score
I know you regularly have stories like this posted but thought this may offer a little hope to you.........

Some of you may know from various posts I have made in the past that my mose dearest friend has had problems conceiving and has been having IVF.

Well, after 5 years trying and 3 unsuccessful IVF attempts she has just come round tonight to tell me she is 7 weeks pregnant and it was natural conception!!!

I was so happy I cried for ages!!!! I had even offered to be her surrogate but fingers crossed all will go well and I won't need to.

I had a weird feeling she was about 3 weeks ago but obviously couldn't say anything as she was just about to start IVF round 4 at the beginning of Jan. She'd even bought the drugs just before xmas ready to start the IVF attempt.

I am so so so happy for her and her husband and it couldn't have happened to a nicer person.

Just wanted you all to know that it really can happen even after trying for so long!

Tan x

Thanks Tanya!!! Nothing like a good story like your friends to raise our spirits.

I just told MissGobby to be more patient after only 1 month trying and told her to think of me (1yr and 1/2 almost iv been trying) but it puts it all in perspective when you hear of people like your friends who have been trying for 5 years. I cant even begin to imagine what they have been through.

ALl the best to your friend and i hope she has a safe and wonderful pregnancy x

PS you deserve a wee gold star for considering surrogacy!!!

thats amazing news, hope she has a happy and healthy nine months :cheer:

thats fantastic news!!

Gives us all hope and makes me feel a bit silly for getting so wound up after only trying for a short while! :oops:

lainey said:

Sorry but I don't agree! I feel if anyone had a real friend that needed help like this then they would help them. She means the world to me and I honestly would do anything for her.

:hug: :hug: :hug: Hugs to you all TTCing. It will happen eventually and you have to continue holding that hope in your heart and taking any support that is offered to you from friends and family etc.

Tan x

Tan said:
lainey said:

Sorry but I don't agree! I feel if anyone had a real friend that needed help like this then they would help them. She means the world to me and I honestly would do anything for her.

:hug: :hug: :hug: Hugs to you all TTCing. It will happen eventually and you have to continue holding that hope in your heart and taking any support that is offered to you from friends and family etc.

Tan x

Thats very true but what I meant by that comment is I think that surrogacy is a very nice thing to do, but it takes a very strong person to carry a baby and hand it over.

:D

All best to your friend

Ok. Well thanks Lainey. I'm crap at taking praise I guess! Never feel I deserve it!

Tan x

That's great news :clap:

A friend of mine suffered from endometritis, and after 3 years of trying for a baby, nothing. Then she had laser treatment, concieved after 2 months and now has a 3 month old daughter! Her and her husband are the nicest people ever.

Why is always the nicest couples who have trouble concieving?

Emma :D

What a beautiful story it made me cry as it brings back so many memories for me. We had 4 1/2 years of trying after having had an ectopic and 2 miscarrages and was eventually told we had a less than 10% chance of ever concieving naturally. Now my miraclebabe is 4 months old and I still cant stop believing its happened. All my friends cried when I told them I was pregnant, its pretty wonderful being able to be the barer of such lovely news. I wish your friend a very happy and healthy pregnancy xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back