Home Birth?

bwakeling

Reaction score
Me and my wife recently decided to go for a home birth (she's pregnant with our 2nd). At first I was wary, but after doing a bit of research and attending a few classes I'm coming round to the idea.

Was just wondering if there were any home birth stories on this forum, good or bad?

I was due to have my third at home - but at the last minute was phoned to be told it may not be able to happen as there were too many other women booked for home births and not enough mw. Sure enough the day i went into labour there wasn't a free mw until i had gotton to the hospital and was 5cm along - felt i was too far gone to go home and get organised by that stage as i labour quite quickly. However my labour was longer and i feel now it was because i didn't feel in control nor had the birth i had been planning an loking forward too.
That said i plan to have this one at home and have the attitude that i have had three uncomplicated labours so i'll just carry on - if they are late or not there then so be it! Probably not thee story you were after - but staying at home for as long as possible is the best option whether giving birth at hoome or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back