Home birth and pool hire

umbongo

Reaction score
Hi! I'm having a home birth, all approved by mw today, hooray!!
I plan to use a pool so need to hire one, any recommendations?

Any other home birthing tips? I'm going to hire a tens machine.

Thanks. I'm very excited! :dance:

wow how exciting!!! i have no advice or tips but so excited for u! x

How exciting! Can the home birth team recommend anyone to hire from? I know here you used to be able to hire through the NCT but due to insurance changes you now can't. it would probably be worth giving your local NCT a call to see if they have any info or if they do/still hire x

Thanks, keep meaning to join nct. My mw said just Google a firm, no recommendations. She's very keen on homebirth though which is ace! She's never had a hospital referral xx

I'm having a home birth and have gone for la bassine made by made in water. We had a trial run last weekend and all looked good. It depends on whether you want a pool that you control the temp yourself or not. The uk home birth site www.homebirth.org.uk or just .org has stacks of info xx

We bought our pool from eBay for £60. It had been set up but not used as the lady had to be induced. My midwife recommended checking out eBay before hiring as hiring often works out a lot more expensive! Ours is a la bassine too & was SO quick and easy to inflate, only took 20 mins to fill on our tral run & comes with a pump to pump the water straight out after :)

I'm envious! I expect you will have something lovely all cooked for dinner afterwards :). Hope all goes to plan Hun, very exciting xx

I used birth pool in a box, not sure if they are around anymore but the service was great and it came with everything i needed. For my first two we had a solid frame pool but cant remember where we hired those from :s

Congratulations! I had a home birth 5 weeks ago and it was a wonderful experience. The thing that helped me the most was a bag of grain that you heat in the microwave. I used it on my back for most of the labour and it was so soothing.

I had a home birth on Saturday. Didn't go quite to plan but wouldn't change it for the world x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back