• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Holidays

pinkyprincess

Reaction score
My OH the worrywart is driving me ruddy mad!

We've been given the opportunity to use someone's timeshare and I've found a lovely apartment in Normandy, France.

My OH is terrified of flying and we were originally going to Cornwall so I thought Normandy would be a compromise and we can drive and get the train over.

He's now saying he doesn't want to take the baby abroad!

It's France ffs!!! He's worried about paying for health care (I thought he was clever!!) and something going wrong. I've told him that you can spend your life saying what if. I also think it would be good for Tyler and us to get away. He thinks it doesn't matter wheee we go. I sit at home all day everyday, I was really looking forward to going abroad! More excited that Cornwall (as much as I love the place!)

Help me win my case ladies!!

I'm sure thats the point of the e111 cards? So you don't have to pay for healthcare over there xxxx

Just checked and it's now called EHIC and it's free to get xxx

EHIC will cover the basics but it's advisable to get travel insurance just in case! I went to Germany last Easter and took travel insurance from the Post Office, it cost me £20 for the week which I didn't think was too bad!

I always have words with my oh about this. I want to go abroad but he says baby is too little for a hot country...my argument-babies are born in hot countries...it's of like I'm gonna leave him in direct sunlight!

Ehic will cover you. We took jack to Germany at Easter he was 6weeks and hadn't yet had his injections. We drove across too. xxx

Ecih will cover your health care but you'll need insurance incase you incur extra expense, like having to stay longer, or getting flown home or something. Tbh I'd be saying take out insurance even if your only holidaying in uk.

We were gonna get insurance too. I'd never travel without it. He's just a bloody worrywart!

Plant it in his head the chance to go get cheaper beer from French supermarkets ;) xxx

Were not going now! He's sticking with england and LI doesn't have a passport

Boo :(
Maybe another time. Suppose least Cornwall will still be a break? xx

If you do decide to go in the future you can drive to Poole and get a ferry to Normandy (Cherbourg) or Portsmouth to Caen. The ferry doesn't take long at all and is fun.

My LO had a UK and US passport by 3 months (not cheap though) but it took less than a week to get the UK one. I hate flying but did a 9hour flight to India of all places when he was five months old (maybe a bit crazy but we had a wondeful time). Trying to give you some ammo here.

I hope he changes his mind. Normandy is lovely, just think of all the cheese :)

However Cornwall is equally as nice and lots of cheese there too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back