Holiday with baby

pammie1

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for some opinions from mums! I work for a travel company and for reasons too boring to go into I am in a situation where in order to get a free holiday (which is part of my salary package) I have to travel by about April next year, this means that the baby I am expecting will only be about 8-9 months (depending when exactly we go) We hadnt really wanted to go with her so young but no options.
This is my first baby and I am green as grass!! so I am wondering - what would you go for with a young baby? is all inclusive or halfboard easier than self catering in an apartment? I dont really fancy a busy resort that has all the kids clubs and stuff as she will be too young for that stuff anyway. Any tips or experiences good or bad?

We went to Spain a couple of weeks ago. Our son was 8-9 months old. Aside from the fact that it rained a lot (but you can't plan these things) it was great - no problems taking the kids - everything went smoothly.

I would suggest somewhere like Spain - nice and beachy but not too long a journey to get there.

would go for wherever you fancied. I have had Arianna on short flights and long flights and never had a problem either way.

Only thing I would consider would be the heat, but as long as they keep hydrated in the sun and they are covered up it should be fine.

Enjoy your holiday - I'll have a free one too if there are any going spare!! :wink:

we went to benidorm in sept when my daughter was 13 months old and had a fantastic holiday

We're going to spain at the end of this month so ky will only be 5 months. All that we've done to HOPEFULLY have a smooth holiday is:
make sure the flight times are reasoanble
fly from a local airport
short haul flight to spain
we're going to a holiday village which is apparenlty best for kids
we've gone all inclusive but made sure the hotel has appartment rooms so i can cook for ky if i need to.
we also ordered a baby pack for £50 so i dont have to bring a push chair, sterillizer, bottle warmer, cot ect
we're going to the holiday village Costa del sol, hopefully everything will go ok! ha!! :pray:

We've just come back from a 2 week holiday with our DD who is 9 months we went to Bahia Principe, Costa Adeje in Tenerife.

We had no problems there and we really enjoyed it :D

Not a mum yet, but I have heard from others that it is great to go on holiday with a baby that will do what ever you want compared to a toddler who doesn't like anything! :D Also, from being off sick and watching Airline (ha) I learned that if you are using baby milk be sure that customs doesn't mind you bringing it in. I saw a few people get stopped because they were paranoid about what pathogens it could bring to their country. They were eventually allowed in, but it seemed to take forever!

We went to Tenerife last year with my brother and his wife and their 8 month old... We went self catering.... it was good to have a kitchen to make up bottles and to be able to keep yoghurts and other food for her in the fridge.... At that age she wasn't any hassle at all and was very good at sleeping in her pushchair so we didn't really use the kitchen for ourselves (except for beers and breakfast things) as we ate out most evenings.....

I wouldn't think twice about going away with our one at that age after that experience..

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time

J
XX

Thanks for all advise, I was kind of thinking having self catering facilities would help and seems a few of you agree. Despite having worked in travel a long time and done loads of it ourselves, we have always done backpacking in weird places previously so our holiday ideas are going to have to change considerably!
I am hoping that taking a baby out to restaurants may be easier in Europe than it often is in the UK as they seem to have a more accepting attitude, what are your experiences of this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back