Holiday Spending Money

Princess_Puddles

Reaction score
Sorry if this seems nosey but I was just wondering how much money do you all usually take when you go on holiday abroad? and what do you usually spend it on?

We usually only get about $150 in cash and I just use my debit card the rest of the trip. What do I spend on.... usually all on Arianna!! When we go to the states she comes back with a complete new wardrobe!

Depends where you go, what type of holiday and also the exchange rate.

Always take some cash in whatever currency the country uses, but not masses. And then take cards (but be aware of the exchange rate etc as it will be noticeable on your next statement)

As for what we spend it on, usually things like entry to museums, eating out, cinema/theatre tickets, hire car for days out of the area we are staying in etc. Don't go in for beach hols etc or nights out on the town. Prefer to do other things.

I don't buy crap to bring home. No impulse shopping either. I don't go mad with presents for people. And unless I really want it, I never bother with Duty free anymore either.

when we went to benidorm last year wee took £500 cash and £700 travellers cheques and ended up getting £100 out of the cash machine and we spent it on days out, food, prezzies, anything we wanted really

hmmmm accomodation, food and entry to tourist thngs. We try and plan in advance using a guide book to help budget, but then go over as i always buy postcards (for my scrapbook, not to send), we tend to get money out of cash machines, up until now we have back-packed so moved around all the time whihc costs, but that will have to change soon.

Sandi

It depends what type of holiday it is :)

I'm going on holiday in May for 2 weeks but it's all inclusive so i'll only be taking £150 cash but i'll have my cards with me aswell but don't think i'll spend that much :D

OH is taking quite a bit more than me because we are going with his brother and brothers GF so him and his brother will be going out etc after the hotel bar shuts :D

we usually take £1000 as we eat out all the time, we take our cards too

I'm going on a 2 week cruise which has all food etc included but we stop at different places and may want to go on excursions so we are looking at taking approx £1000 :)

Hmm its just Im not sure how much we should take. We're going to Torrevieja in Spain to stay with my Grandparents. Ive been there loads before but my Grandparents used to pay for everything inc flights. Ive never been away abroad with my own family before (I mean by my OH and our Son) we're going for 16 days, we'll eat out maybe a few nights a week but as we're taking Harrison we will probably have dinner at my Grandparents most of the time and then maybe me and OH will go out for a few drinks and that after. We'll probably go to the markets, beach and also to the aquapark & wildlife park but apart from that we'll probably be relaxing loads.

i would have thought then £500 would be enough? what do you reckon?
we are going to Turkey in June for 2 wks all inclusive & i'm not planning on spending much if i can help it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back