Highchair - any recommendations?

Duds

Reaction score
I'v been looking for a highchair for a while & havent a clue what the best one to get is.. We have no money but I would like one thats going to last.

Can anyone recommend one? what one do you have?
I dont know wether to go for one with a try or without, I was going to get the babydan one but my mum said I will need a tray as they throw food everywhere etc..

i have a normal mother care own one would find it on the mother care website but i don't think they sell it any more, i got given it.

Lauz_1601 said:
http://www.mothercare.com/invt/lb0261&bklist=

I have that one. I find it good, it has multi heights which is handy and it reclines. the tray is removable too. I just got an inflatable insert from ikea whilst she it little to support her a bit more.

I have that one, still waiting for my friend to give it back though...I'm close to losing it with her :?

I would really recommend this one, the multi-height thing is so useful as you can sit on the sofa and feed them :)

i have the same one as Lauz and Urchin (in the peacock deisgn though)
i think its fab as the others said!

Lauz alex is a bit little for it too - didnt know yo could get inflatable inserts, have been wedging him in with a blanket :oops:

keep an eye out on mothercare website as they do good bargins. i got £20 off mine so it was only £50 as opposed to £70!

otherwise maybe try ebay?

x

Em78 said:
i have the same one as Lauz and Urchin (in the peacock deisgn though)
i think its fab as the others said!

Lauz alex is a bit little for it too - didnt know yo could get inflatable inserts, have been wedging him in with a blanket :oops:

keep an eye out on mothercare website as they do good bargins. i got £20 off mine so it was only £50 as opposed to £70!

otherwise maybe try ebay?

x

What colour is the peacock?

Mine's kinda like this
5a_1_b.JPG

Excellent think I might go and get one tomorrow :D
Thats if they havent all gone ....

I do like the wooden ones too but apprantly they are difficult to clean. I then thought I might get a second hand one but dont really want to go round peoples houses if I dont like it its difficult to say & ebay can be risky too as might end up with something completly different.

Thanks guys.

Thye didnt have them in store (horsham) when i wanted one and had to get it online. i know brighton has them though hun.

good luck!

off to work now :(

x

I got a chicco polly pois one they are £100 in the shops but i got mine off ebay for £48 from dbnurserys it is absolutely fantastic, it has a seat insert which you remove for the older child it's suitable from 6 months to 3 years has recline seat and height adjuster - i would highly recommend it :)

They havnt got th mothercare one in stock :(

I had a look on ebay and they dont seem to be selling at the mo either.

I might have to make my own at this rate!
x

Check ebay later as the auctions ended yesterday and they seem to but more on within a day or 2, mine is a b grade which is slightly used and any repairs have been made to it that needed doing, it looks brand new there isn't a mark on it and it came in original packaging, they sell new ones too these are catalogue returns apparently the seller is dbnurserygoods i got it a bit wrong yesterday lol.

Got the one from mothercare, really pleased with it but Aimee seems a little small for it still as her arms get stuck down the side..... :think:

thanks for all your help

Ella was like that at first duds and I got her an inflatable insert from ikea it was only about £2.50 and now she sits perfectly in it. if u have an ikea near you then Id recommend one, they are in the baby department with the high chairs ect. ill look if they are on the website

Alex is still a little small too - i wedge him with blankets. had no idea about the inflatable inserts though. ikea a bit of a mare to get to from here though so will have to stick with my rolled up blanket!

xx

Here is a piccie of Aimee in her new highchair - thanks for the recommendation. I have prompted her up with a cushion & is a bit better but that seems to make the strap tight between her legs...

669.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back