Choosing a highchair

Moofa

Reaction score
Hi

We are having the nightmare of choosing the best highchair. I was thinking after much research of getting the SILVERCROSS SOVEREIGN HIGHCHAIR and have only seen one bad review. Has anyone got this chair? Or can someone recommend a better one. I have limited use of my right side so would need a chair where I could put Alban in and then clip the tray on rather then lift him in with the tray still attached (hope that makes sense).

The SILVERCROSS SOVEREIGN HIGHCHAIR says from 4 months which would be great as LO is 5 months on Christmas Day and we would love him to be at the table and the same level as us.

Thanks

Mxxxxx

I think just go with what you like. I personally don't like metal/plastic chairs & opted for a wooden one. It works for us.

Same as Sherlock - we've got a wooden one too as we prefer them :D

Its personal choice - if you like it then go for it :D

Which wooden ones have you got? I look at some in Mothercare that fold into a desk for later but then thought when we have a second baby there would be problems at using it as a desk and a highchair at the same time.

Mxxx

We have a Tripp Trapp and are planning on getting another one when we have another baby as this will be Finlay's chair for a long time. It was his xmas present from his grandparents :D

We have the Svan http://www.kiddicare.com/_buggies/svan-highchair.htm

Its wooden, similar to the tripp trapp in that it can be brought up to the table, but it does have a detachable tray (unlike the tripp trapp). We like it as it doesn't take up much room, some of the more traditional A frame ones seem to take up so much floor space. Its pricey at around £160 but it will last for years as it turns into a normal chair as the child grows. We'll buy another if we have another child.

We have this one

http://direct.asda.com/Red-Kite-Feed-Me ... lt,pd.html

which is similar to a tripp trapp in design, but cheap! (It is my third highchair!!!) I like it because it doesn't take up much space in the kitchen and Ella can sit at the table with us. We had a Chicco Polly to begin with and it took up half the kitchen and wouldn't go up to the table.

Moofa said:
Which wooden ones have you got? I look at some in Mothercare that fold into a desk for later but then thought when we have a second baby there would be problems at using it as a desk and a highchair at the same time.

Mxxx

We have one that can be used as a highchair and small table and chair. Detachable tray also on it. Not worried about it being needed at the same time as if we are all eating together at the table then the older child will be on a chair and youngest in the highchair. And it comes apart in a split second into table and chair so it won't be a problem.

Don't plan on older child eating meals on it when we are at the table so :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back