• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

High Glucose levels

jolene

Reaction score
Hello,

had an interesting day so far.

Mum came over and was concerned coz my hands and feet are swollen so we went to see the GP (couldnt get hold of midwife)

GP tested urine and found that i have a really high level of glucose. She sent it off as urgent and now im just waiting for her to call back with the results.

What a day.

Has anyone else had high levels of glucose. She said it was the highest reading in the stick (whatever that is ha ha)

Im sure it will come back as nothing.

fingers crossed your right and its nothing, does this mean they think you could have gestational diabetes? :hug: :hug: :hug:

emmie said:
fingers crossed your right and its nothing, does this mean they think you could have gestational diabetes? :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thank you.

I think so, im not sure. She was really busy so didnt really have time to explain.

I was just wondering if anyone knows of anything else that can cause it.

Im affraid i dont know hun hope you get your answers tom. thinking of you :hug: :hug:

is there diabetics in your family at all?

I had to have a dibetic check yesturday basically 3 blood tests i waiting for results to find out as my mum is diabetic and they test for it here when u preg.

i have gestational diabetes so if you need to ask anything feel free, it can read high if you have had a lot of sugary things in the day xxxx

Hi
I was found to have high glucose levels in my urine on monday, the midwife wasnt to worried she just wants to see me back next monday and if there still high then i have to go in for tests to see if i have gestational diabeties or not, (24 hour urine collection then fasting blood sugars test then a sugar drink and more blood) she said there is a possability because am mesurring bigger than my due date, so am just waiting to find out now, which being an impatient person i hate doing. (waiting that is)
hope everything is ok
Pam x

I had GD and was induced at 37+4! Have your fundal heights been measuring ok?

am gonna sound silly so will appologise now but how do the measure the fundal heights?

the midwifes usually do it and then measure from pubic bone to top of uterus, mine was measuring 4-5 weeks ahead before i started getting glucose in my urine x

yes the midwife did that she said you have a lovely bump but your hugh, (lovely relationship i have with them hehe) i started measuring 3 weeks ahead of what i should be 4 weeks ago and on monday she said i am just over 3 weeks ahead still. i never realised it was anything to do with GD :doh:
thanks for letting me know
and sorry for taking over the thread a little but am so glad you posted it
pam xxx

hiya,

I've just had a growth scan and the baby is currently estimated at 7lbs 13 oz (I'm 36 +3). They said he will put on 1/2 an oz every week from now on. I have to have another scan in 2 weeks and also a glucose tolerance test. I had one at 28 weeks and it came back negative, but I've been measuring slightly bigger.

I'm now really worried I'm going to be carrying a massive baby and panicking a bit about the birth...

Anyone offer any advice? (this is my first)

Sally

pammie said:
yes the midwife did that she said you have a lovely bump but your hugh, (lovely relationship i have with them hehe) i started measuring 3 weeks ahead of what i should be 4 weeks ago and on monday she said i am just over 3 weeks ahead still. i never realised it was anything to do with GD :doh:
thanks for letting me know
and sorry for taking over the thread a little but am so glad you posted it
pam xxx

It is not always a sign of GD and the midwife told me that they class 3 weeks either way as normal just to put it in perspective when i was being induced at 37 weeks my bump measured 44!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back