• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hiccups

AnnaR2B

Reaction score
My little one seems to constantly have hiccups, i'm talking twice a day for the past couple of weeks...is this normal?
Also are hiccups a sign of baby mature enough to come at any time...or is that wishful thinking??? :pray:

This one also has been getting hiccups regularly, I think it is them practicing the breathing reflex :think:

AnnaR2B said:
My little one seems to constantly have hiccups, i'm talking twice a day for the past couple of weeks...is this normal?
Also are hiccups a sign of baby mature enough to come at any time...or is that wishful thinking??? :pray:

I seem to feel them (or at least if it's what I think it is...) at least once a day!

(btw, I think I'm paying now for the Roland comments... I seem to be going that way myself :rotfl: )

what does it actually feel like when the baby hiccups??

Yep my little man gets them at least twice a day!!! When I had a scan yesterday he had them too, the poor sonographer (who was a trainee) found it really hard to measure him as he kept hiccupping!!!! :D

They get it because when they are swallowing the amniotic fluid it sometimes goes down their widepipe and that makes them hiccup!! nothing to do with actually breathing - they don't take a breath untill they come out

mine was getting them ALL the time but now much less maybe only once a day if that

hope thats not a sign she's got lazy at her breathing practise!!

xJuliex said:

mine feels like little rhythmic 'flicks'

The hiccuping is the baby practicing reflux to aid the baby to breath when born

mines hiccuping like a goodin right now and its actually making noise James heard him hiccuping which made James very happy.
oh i love sharing our babies development :hug:

its compleatly normal and it measn your baby is practicing what it needs to breath in the out side world

mine hiccups quite regualrly so its normal to feel hiccups often

sarah :hug: :wave:

xJuliex wrote:

mine feels like little rhythmic 'flicks'
Yes like little jerks in your tummy but quite rhythmical and low down.

(btw, I think I'm paying now for the Roland comments... I seem to be going that way myself )
Llys - i was thinking of u the other day, did u see 'Bring back Grange Hill' with Justin Lee Collins - i even shouted 'ROOLLLAAND' at the screen!!! :rotfl:

Ellie got hiccups wen she was inside loads, she used to get really mad and kick me loads hehe. She still gets them alot and gets really annoyed!! :lol:

AnnaR2B said:
Llys - i was thinking of u the other day, did u see 'Bring back Grange Hill' with Justin Lee Collins - i even shouted 'ROOLLLAAND' at the screen!!! :rotfl:

YES!!! I have seen it before but just HAD to watch it again!!

I was thinking of you too hahaha :)

I'm starting to dread what I'll be like in 4 weeks time - my partner is putting bets on a 10lb'er !!!!!! :rotfl:

I know, my family have a sweep stake (b*stds) and the lowest weight is 9lb 6...and the highest...well! I just don't think it can get any bigger! If its a boy...maybe Roland will suit it??? :rotfl:

AnnaR2B said:
I know, my family have a sweep stake (b*stds) and the lowest weight is 9lb 6...and the highest...well! I just don't think it can get any bigger! If its a boy...maybe Roland will suit it??? :rotfl:

oh hun :lol: I rekon your bubs wil be 9lb

Love u Sarah, thats really nice compared to my familys predictions! :rotfl: I think yours will be 7lb something, its all water!! :hug:

AnnaR2B said:
Love u Sarah, thats really nice compared to my familys predictions! :rotfl: I think yours will be 7lb something, its all water!! :hug:

aww love u2 :lol: little baby and he is going to wash out on a wave of fluid! Easy peasy! :rotfl:

I think this estimation of weight from scans and looking at bumps is well off! I dont feel like my bubs will be huge really. I saw the midwife today and she measured my fundal 1cm lower than 3days ago so its all a load of ball :lol:

Good! that will wipe the smiles of everyones face when i cough out a weee 6lb-er!!! hehehe :rotfl:

leah was like that and shes no different now!

I hate it when Connie gets hiccups (usually several times a day including the middle of the night when I get back from the loo without fail).

It feels like very rhythmic tapping, every second or so, for a good 10 minutes or so. It's distinguishable because it IS so rhythmic, whereas most of her movements are random and unpredictable.

I really don't like the rhythmic bits. Gives me the creeps :talkhand:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back