hi all

emylou

Reaction score
well first of all congrats everyone....sorry i havent been here for a while things have been slightly hectic at my end over the past few weeks....ive had a bit of an infection in my wound...my mum had a stroke only amild one but it was scary (shes 41)....so i havent had a chance to do a lot really.

hows everyone getting on.

got a question for you all...
Do you think hand knitted pram blankets could be sold??
i have heaps of wool left and blankets knit up nice...and some jumpers and cardigans....do people like hand knitted things still???

i love hand knitted cloths hannah has got loads and everyone always says how nice she looks

when i was looking for things for my bump i saw loads on ebay they sell for heaps they dont cost that much to make really.

My Mum and Nan knit Phoebe lots of Jumpers and Cardigans and I love them :lol:

Definately a market out there for hand knits :lol:

i can knit and crochet.....and ive heaps of wool.

look for similar stuff on ebay to get an idea of what they're worth :)

Get knitting then Emylou :lol:

And then get selling :lol:

Happy Knitting :lol: :lol:

I actually want to have a go at making one of these:

february067.jpg

february068.jpg

It was made by one of OH's South African relatives and all my friends LOVE it. I'm getting a sewing machine soon, and will try and make them to sell, I think they make great playmats :)

I should add that I wouldn't make a fishy one, I'd do animals, or a noah's ark one first, then if I like doing it could do personalised ones to order :)

cool i made my neice a patch work one nearly two years ago she never goes anywhere without it. all pinks and purples....she even wraps her dolls in it now...its gone soo fast shes 2 next month...it wasnt quite as big...

Urchin- that is so beautiful! I visit this cool craft message board a lot and they have a board for gifts for babies and one of the women there has just finished this amazing activity quilt thing, here's the thread:-

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=64624.10

I wish I had the patience for that!

Emylou- I've made loads of little crocheted toys with loops on that I string on elastic or hang on his play gym as they are save and easily washable and I think he likes the bright colours. I've thought about selling them but as they're fiddly and take about an hour each to make I don't think I'd get enough for them to make it worth my while sadly. I think the trick with selling craft is to remember how much time it takes you and build that into the price because we all have a tendency to undersell our effort! That, and finding the right market. I make and sell bead necklaces and earrings through a shop in the Cotswolds but I couldn't sell the same stuff on Ebay for example as it's mostly tourists looking for gifts who buy my things. I supply them on a sale or return basis and the shop keeper sells them for double what she gives me but I have seen things of a similar kind go on ebay for half the price I get from her which is frankly about 50p over the cost of materials! The best place to sell baby stuff I reckon would be through a baby boutique type place or on your own website if you could get it publicised (this is what I've got to do with my necklaces etc when I get the time I think). Good luck with it :)

+++

urchin, does it come with the cute baby :D or is that extra!

Urchin I would definately be interested in one of those. Been looking everywhere for a playmat but can't find one

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back