Heparin

vljohnson

Reaction score
I have been totally blessed with 2 children with normal pregnancy, as I have just found out I have inherited Thrombophilia. This was only discovered after I had 3 miscarriages trying for our 3rd. We are now only just pregnant and I'm due to start Heparin injections for the duration of my pregnancy. Can anyone give any advice as I'm scared stiff of needles and the risks involved (although my gyn' says I will be monitered thoroughly). Thank you.... :)

hi hun i was on clexane injections on my last pregnancy which is same thing i suffer from a pregnancy thrombophilia and my 2nd child was still born at 34 weeks as the blood all clotted in the placenta and blocked blood from reaching the baby so no food or oxygen i had to be taught at 6 weeks pregnant to do the injections and had to continue to do it every morning till 2 days before i had baby at 37 weeks i was terrified of doing it but when you have to do it everyday you soon get used to it the midwife came and explained on the first day and did it for me then the next day i did it under supervision then she left me to get on with it for 2 days and then came back to see how i was getting on after that i just had a number to call if ever i was stuck and couldnt do it right my belly used to get quite bruised but the baby at the end was so worth it :D
just keep telling yourself it will all be worth it hun :hug:
you should also be under a heamatologist to have monthly blood tests to check clotting levels i also seen my consultant every 2-4 weeks and they would scan the blood flow from the placenta to the baby to make sure there was no clotting and also have regular growth scans as this will also show if the baby is getting enough blood supply if theres anything else i can help you with please dont hesitate to pm me and il answer as best i can good luck hun xxxxxxx

Hiya, i was on Clexane injections with my pregnancy twice a day, then once a day towards the end of the pregnancy. You do get used to doing them although your tummy does get sore from them, i ended up doing them in the top of my leg.

If you are really scared of doing them yourself do you have anyone that could do it for you? My aunty did mine for the first couple if months until i plucked up the courage to do it myself.

You will be closely monitered with extra scans and things so think of it this way, you get to see your little baby growing inside you from month to month and notice its progress.

Sorry about your mcs its still hard even if you alreayd have kiddies :hug:

Can I ask is this what they said has caused your miscarriages? I wish you all the very best for this one its gr8 your getting some help!

x

Thank you all soooo much for advice and support... kinda feel a bit alone at the moment as my poor husband just goes white as he thinks about it!!! He's more worried about me at the moment than the baby - he thinks I look after the babies and he looks after me, which is really sweet. He's finding it hard to cope as last three m/cs have happened in last 11 months - one at 4.5 weeks, second at 10.5 weeks and third at 6 weeksjust a month and a bit ago. Then diagnosed, and we both are finding it really hard. Also, it's hereditary, so my family are all getting up tight and I'm so pleased you all replied! They're pretty sure Thrombophilia caused m/cs but you're never quite sure :D
xxx

vljohnson said:
Thank you all soooo much for advice and support... kinda feel a bit alone at the moment as my poor husband just goes white as he thinks about it!!! He's more worried about me at the moment than the baby - he thinks I look after the babies and he looks after me, which is really sweet. He's finding it hard to cope as last three m/cs have happened in last 11 months - one at 4.5 weeks, second at 10.5 weeks and third at 6 weeksjust a month and a bit ago. Then diagnosed, and we both are finding it really hard. Also, it's hereditary, so my family are all getting up tight and I'm so pleased you all replied! They're pretty sure Thrombophilia caused m/cs but you're never quite sure :D
xxx

So sorry for your losses, you must be very strong to have kept going through all of that pain :hug: . I am glad that they have found a cause though, even though it means injections, and it must be good to know that they will monitor you closely through your pregnancy

+++

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back