• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Henry has turned into a tummy sleeper

x_larlybelle_x

Reaction score
He fell asleep on me on his tummy earlier, nothing unusual there. Put him in his basket on his back and he woke straight away. This evening, he fell asleep on his tummy on me again, so I decided to put him down on his tummy - and he has stayed asleep.

I don't feel comfortable enough to let him sleep on his tummy of a night incase he buries his face into the Moses mattress.

How do I get him to sleep and stay asleep if he prefers his tummy?
How do u handle ur lo's who r tummy sleepers?

Sam is exactly the same and I know he would be a tummy sleeper. It's perseverance I never put him in Moses on his tummy always on back. He doesn't like it but over time he has got used to it x

CAn you compromise and let him lie on his side?? - thats how G sleeps with a towel behind her. xxx

Harry is the same, LOVES to sleep on his tummy but i keep putting him on his back hoping he will get used to it, he usually wakes up when i put him down though :(

CAn you compromise and let him lie on his side?? - thats how G sleeps with a towel behind her. xxx

I do this already but he still wakes. Doesn't like side or on his back. He will only sleep on his side if he falls asleep like it, eg when I feed him in bed.

DH saw I put him down on his tummy and said it was a good idea cos he will still think he is laying on me. I said I wasn't comfortable to let him sleep like it overnight and he said we were all probably tummy sleepers as the advice back then would've been to put on tummy incase we were sick. Fair point. We r still here :lol:

56b55257-1732-ca5e.jpg
Owens now a tummy sleeper and I hate it, this is him now in pic above if u can see ( rooms dark lol) I have to let him he turns naturally!! X

Mum of Owen. Born 11/7/11 @ 19.17pm weighing 7lb 12 oz :)

Sophie's always been a tummy sleeper and I have no issue with it. As long as you watch them during the day and they can turn their heads easily and you make sure there's nothing in the cot that could prevent them from turning or that could obstruct their airways then I don't see there being much problem. Sophie suffered so badly with colic and she was always most comfortable on her front.

Cam slept on his tummy from 3 weeks. Only way he would settle. Health visitor said as he can lift his head it is not a problem. The biggest issue with tummy sleepers is that their organs move to the front and can overheat because of the mattress so to let his sleep that way but keep him cool. xx

Yeah Sophie has always slept with no covers really as she always seems warm enough.

Evie will only sleep on her side and I've been told by MW this is ok if it's the position that she puts herself in naturally. Not sure if the same advice applies to tummy sleepers. In fairness I was put on my front as a baby and my mum covered me with a duvet and I'm still here!! I can still only sleep properly on my stomach now - pregnancy sleeping was a nightmare!!

Kayls is the same goes out cold on me or OH tummy but always wakes when put on her back

Someone think maybe loopylouise posted about using waterbottle with body temp water and putting that in beside them so they think they are still in ur arms

In scbu they sleep on tummies most of the time. Photos we have of Theo in scbu he was on his tummy and when I went to see him he was on his tummy too

My dd has always been a tummy sleeper.

He woke up about half an hour ago after a 2 hour sleep. If I can have the same tonight I'll be happy!

He was warm when he woke and I did have a blanket loosely over him so will leave that off tonight.

Will he need a sleeping bag or just vest and sleepsuit? Our room is always 18-20 so on the warmer side for him.

He has really good head control and can lift his head so he should be ok.

Last edited:
AJ has been a tummy sleeper since scbu. I brought a movement sensor mat the other day to put in the moses basket cos I was paranoid about it. He definitely sleeps better on his tummy. I have a waffle blanket similar to hospital ones that I use as it lets the air through. xxxxxx

He never seems too hot in it but at the same time never feels cold so must work. xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back