HELPPP!!

NooNoo

Reaction score
ive seen the post on here about the forward facing car seats and it put me off having one until she is older...so i went to mothercare to change my order to a rear facing and forward facing but the woman there told me they shouldnt be in rear facing after 10 months???

what do i do??? :(

I thought that rear facing were only for infants (mine says up to 13kgs, or about 1 year). Then they have to go into the forward facing ones as they are too big for the infant carrier style (but I may be wrong).

Therefore you would need a forward facing one, have a look at the which? site as it tells you the ones that are the safest (it costs £1 to join for a month to read the reviews)

hiya hun, why dont u get one that reclines in group 0-1, it can rear face til whenever u feel ready and then it turns round to forward facing. thats the one i have xxxx

im really confused as what to do now...im going to leave her in the first seat until she is one....will she be ok in a forward facing one then ??? im just scared after i watched the vids in the other post.....but the woman in mothercare told me they shouldnt be in rear facing after 9 months??

what would you do??

Hi there. Kids are safest in rear facing seats as long as possible (in some countries children have to be rear facing until they are 4yrs).

An infant seat can be used as long as the child weighs less than the stated top weight (mostly 13kg) and their head can not be above the top of the seat. My little girl is 2yrs old in december and weighs 10.5kg and her head doesn't go over the top of her infant seat so she can still uses it, but some kids are too tall for the infant seat at 9-10 months.

The britax first class SI is a very good 0-4yrs car seat as it can be rear facing no matter the hight of your child as long as they weigh less than 13kg.
I just spent he last 2 days trying to get a seat for my new car and ended up with the britax first class as it is the only car seat that fits in my car.

As for the 'safest' car seat, the safest car seat is the one that fits in your car the best.
I've spent far too much money on car seats but it's my child's life and in an accident I'd not be able to live with myself if she was injured or worse in an accident because she wasn't in the safest car seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back