Help...

Samsgirl

Reaction score
Hello everyone...

I am 34 years old and have been on the pill since I was 16...never had any 'accidents' and me and my partner decided this weekend that we are ready to have a baby.....

I feel excited....terrified......worried.......scared ....so many different feelings...

Anyone any advice for what i should be doing starting now..? I have been told about the folic acid thing.... :)

Thanks

xx

Hi, welcome to the forum :petal:

How exciting :yay:

Folic acid is your main starting point :D after this it depends on your approach, some people just go with the flow and others use OPKs to detect ovulation to try and catch the eggy at your most fertile time.

BD = baby dance :lol: around ovulation is best every 2nd day and well pre-ovulation try and save those super strong :sperm:'ies :lol:

Glad you ask? :oooo: lol

Seriously welcome and good luck x

He he...thanks!

I think to start with, I am just going to try and chill and go with the flow........try not to made it all too clinical. Cos I want to carry on enjoying 'us 2' until it's 'us 3'...if that makes sense :lol:

Hi Samsgirl,
Welcome x my story is pretty much like yours, I am 37, never been pregnant before so I was very worried for when the time came and I wanted a family if it would actually happen. I was on contraceptives for 22 years and came off a few months ago and took Folic Acid then tested with OPK's till I knew how my body was functioning then yesterday and today I got a BFP!
Like you said, enjoy it and make it fun.......
Sprinkling baby dust your way x

Last edited:
Hello Hopeful....congratulations!!!

How long were you off the pill before your BFP? Did you say about 7 months?

Today I have really achy fingers and feet....like the bones...wondering if it's cos I have come off the pill after all this time. did you experience anything like that? xx

Hiya Samsgirl,
Thanks very much hun!
Came of the mini pill in Jun and was very surprised for the BFP I got as I truly wasn't expecting anything and had thought I would still be plodding on for the beginning of next year also.... not the case it would seem and after all these years I thought I had maybe left it too late to give it a proper go. As soon as I came of the pill I took Folic Acid & Omega 3 to get my body ready and still taking them now.
Get yourself some OPK's and find your OV pattern which has obviously helped me no doubt.
No I didn't have any side effects when I came off the pill apart from OV time when my hips and back would ache but get that with AF sometimes too.
So really you should get yourself on the Folic Acid and start to POAS (pee on a stick) when you think OV is due.
Wishing you all the luck in the world xx

Hello again

Thanks for that...is there anyway you can be notified on this site when someone replies to a post that you have written on? Just trying to find my way round...it's all new to me..

The ovulation prediction kits....which would you recommend? are they all disposable or can u get one which you can use again?

I don't want to make it all too clinical but it would be good to know when i am ovulating. only been off the pill for 3 weeks though so i reckon it will be a few more months before i ovulate..

I should have a better idea how long my cycle is when i have mt next period....i was day 14 yesterday so made usre we had an early night..he he and the night before, just in case :lol:

xx

Yes Samsgirl if you go to USER CPU, then click on Edit Your Details and that should bring the options up for you.
I bought a load of OV kits from ebay (30 OV and 10 EPT (Early Preg Tests) for under £4) but only thing was that they came from Hong Kong and if you have a few weeks to spare would recommend getting otherwise a bit more expensive from other sellers on ebay. Once I knew when I was OVing I then used the Clearblue Digital stick and gave me a more acurate reading on the day. All the ones I used were disposable apart from the interchange ones on the Clear Blue.
I used a few online ovulation calculators to work out roughly first when it was about to start and the best days to do the dance lol if you want some of these links let me know and I'll mail them over to you xx

Thanks.......I will get a tester next month I think.....cos once I have had my first 'real' period...i should then get an idea of when in the month i'm gonna ovulate and how long my cycle is gonna be.. xx

Don't forget to start the Folic Acid too hun, think that is what helped me even if it was more psychological xx

already started that petal..he he...started that yesterday. got that preconception pregnacare tablets...OH is fussing all over me already, making me eat lots of fruit and veg and yoghurt etc.. xx

Hey don't knock it hun lol it will only last till you have babs xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back