• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help with music selection please.

NIE

Reaction score
I have my 4D scan on Tuesday night and need to select some music to be played on the dvd.

I'm really stuck with what to have..........

Some people suggested our wedding music which was "if you're not the one by Daniel Bedingfield and the theme tune to Titanic.........

I'm really unsure as I want it to be meaningful but hubby wants music that makes baby move alot.......like....limp bizkit and metalica.

Help......all suggestions welcome. xxxx

they only play the music very quietly so the baby will hardly hear it anyway, they only play it to record onto the DVD, it's not like you have a room full of music at normal speaker volume.

we had...
extreme- more than words (nat used to play it on guitar to me when we first started going out)
alterbridge- broken wings (another of our songs)
a song that nat wrote on his guitar that has no words... (instrumental of not applicable http://www.myspace.com/nav121)
seal- kiss from a rose (i duno, nat likes it LOL)

i'd pick songs with words you like (or get instrumental versions) and not words that have like swearing in or talk about miserable things... and things that mean something to you both.

we were gonna have some alice in chains songs on, but they had swearing in and talked mostly of depression and misery etc so we didn't.

it's a toughie but i'm sure you'll figure it out :)

daniel bedingfield like you said would be a good idea - get songs that mean something cos you don't want to have to watch it in a couple of years time and cringe at the songs... as much as music-wise i would prefer metallica, i'd suggest otherwise to be honest, unless you were gonna pick 'nothing else matters' :)

We had the option of putting our own music on the 4D DVD, but in the end we decided to opt for the Babybond instrumental music they use as standard. We just couldn't decide on appropriate tracks, and felt that instrumental would be better than songs with words.

I know that doesn't help you! But might be worth considering some nice instrumental music. We just couldn't think of anything that would do justice to our little baby!

You can always edit the music on the DVD afterwards and put on what you want yourselves :D

yeah - or some classical you like? i was looking at the four seasons by vivaldi but i think OH thought i was nutty for thinking about classical music!

leckershell said:
yeah - or some classical you like? i was looking at the four seasons by vivaldi but i think OH thought i was nutty for thinking about classical music!

Classical is a really good idea :D

leckershell said:
they only play the music very quietly so the baby will hardly hear it anyway, they only play it to record onto the DVD, it's not like you have a room full of music at normal speaker volume.

we had...
extreme- more than words (nat used to play it on guitar to me when we first started going out)
alterbridge- broken wings (another of our songs)
a song that nat wrote on his guitar that has no words... (instrumental of not applicable http://www.myspace.com/nav121)
seal- kiss from a rose (i duno, nat likes it LOL)

i'd pick songs with words you like (or get instrumental versions) and not words that have like swearing in or talk about miserable things... and things that mean something to you both.

we were gonna have some alice in chains songs on, but they had swearing in and talked mostly of depression and misery etc so we didn't.

it's a toughie but i'm sure you'll figure it out :)

daniel bedingfield like you said would be a good idea - get songs that mean something cos you don't want to have to watch it in a couple of years time and cringe at the songs... as much as music-wise i would prefer metallica, i'd suggest otherwise to be honest, unless you were gonna pick 'nothing else matters' :)

More than words by extreme........I haven't heard that in years. It's such a lovely song.

I think it was nothing else matters that he had in mind.

At the moment we are thinking of just editing our own music onto a disk later, so we can give copies to family and friends with music of their choice on each one. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back