Help with distraction during the TWW

Happy birthday though for the two of you this weekend, will be a nice distraction for you Hun xx
Look forward to seeing if you test Hun. I've got my fx for you!
And trust me it's not stupid at all. Personally I just think it shows for all of us how much having baby means to us! It's the worst feeling during the TWW where your like excited at somepoints at the prospect that this could be your month, and then this feeling of sickness and dread washes over you as you actually worry if it's not. Throw that in with all the symptoms which are pretty much the same as af symptoms, your aloud to feel the way you feel Hun xxx sorry if I went on a bit of a rant.
O gosh that does sound really frustrating Hun about the coil! What a nightmare! These months must have dragged for you you both. I'm hoping this is your month for you, it's not over till the witch arrives. My friend keeps telling me that when I'm at the end of the month and tearing my hair out. Hoping it will be mine soon xx
Bless you, the evenings must be the longest, I hope this night goes quickly for you! What's your job Hun? O lovely! Our houses will never be clean lol, there will always be something. I'm constantly chasing my tail cleaning up after little mishaps with her. Xx

Last edited:
Happy birthday though for the two of you this weekend, will be a nice distraction for you Hun xx
Look forward to seeing if you test Hun. I've got my fx for you!
And trust me it's not stupid at all. Personally I just think it shows for all of us how much having baby means to us! It's the worst feeling during the TWW where your like excited at somepoints at the prospect that this could be your month, and then this feeling of sickness and dread washes over you as you actually worry if it's not. Throw that in with all the symptoms which are pretty much the same as af symptoms, your aloud to feel the way you feel Hun xxx sorry if I went on a bit of a rant.
O gosh that does sound really frustrating Hun about the coil! What a nightmare! These months must have dragged for you you both. I'm hoping this is your month for you, it's not over till the witch arrives. My friend keeps telling me that when I'm at the end of the month and tearing my hair out. Hoping it will be mine soon xx
Bless you, the evenings must be the longest, I hope this night goes quickly for you! What's your job Hun? O lovely! Our houses will never be clean lol, there will always be something. I'm constantly chasing my tail cleaning up after little mishaps with her. Xx

Thanks lovely :) I'm excited to see Isabella open her presents! She will be so excited bless her!

Fingers crossed for you too! hopefully it will be a busy month for BFPs!! You sound very postive and upbeat about it all, which is such a good quality to have :)

I agree that our houses will never be clean 🙈 Sophie sounds like Isabella ;)

I'm a photographer :) I'm self employed and work from a little studio in my home, so do all my editing at night when the madam sleeps!! My husband is in the police, so does shift work, so isn't home of an evening often, so I don't miss out on time with him, but ttc is proving to be a logisical nightmare already!!

Being a TA must be handy with your little lady! Especially when she gets bigger!

Hey everyone! How is everyone doing? Hope it's been a good day!

Clarelp - me too on the bfp's! Yeah I try to be, I'm better Supporting others but must admit I'm rubbish with myself! Which I could reassure myself better xx

And yes, today I was unpacking the shopping and Sophie was playing with our cat and took it upon herself to pour all her cat biscuits on the floor! One more thing to clean up :'D Think her intention was to feed her though so I couldn't be mad with her lol.

That's fantastic! I love photography myself and have always said to my oh that would be something I'd like to go into one day! What do you photograph? That's great you're your own boss! O gosh I bet that is difficult! Are you using ov tests? My best friends husband is also in the police force and she's currently 6months pregnant, she's finding it hard looking after her 2+ year old in the evenings. All she wants to do it chill but all her lo has other ideas!

Yeah it is definitely with the hols. Can't see it being long term atm, as the school I work in is 45mins away from home. When Sophie starts school and when baby no2 is on the way (soon I hope), I don't want to be travelling oo far. Was thinking of going back to doing supply teaching as I'm a qualified teacher. Hopefully there's more teaching jobs out there than there was 6 years ago and ideally part time.

How has your day been though? Xxx any more symptoms? Xxx

Hey everyone! How is everyone doing? Hope it's been a good day!

Clarelp - me too on the bfp's! Yeah I try to be, I'm better Supporting others but must admit I'm rubbish with myself! Which I could reassure myself better xx

And yes, today I was unpacking the shopping and Sophie was playing with our cat and took it upon herself to pour all her cat biscuits on the floor! One more thing to clean up :'D Think her intention was to feed her though so I couldn't be mad with her lol.

That's fantastic! I love photography myself and have always said to my oh that would be something I'd like to go into one day! What do you photograph? That's great you're your own boss! O gosh I bet that is difficult! Are you using ov tests? My best friends husband is also in the police force and she's currently 6months pregnant, she's finding it hard looking after her 2+ year old in the evenings. All she wants to do it chill but all her lo has other ideas!

Yeah it is definitely with the hols. Can't see it being long term atm, as the school I work in is 45mins away from home. When Sophie starts school and when baby no2 is on the way (soon I hope), I don't want to be travelling oo far. Was thinking of going back to doing supply teaching as I'm a qualified teacher. Hopefully there's more teaching jobs out there than there was 6 years ago and ideally part time.

How has your day been though? Xxx any more symptoms? Xxx

Oh bless her trying to feed the cat!!! Can't be mad when they are trying...even if its irritating as hell!

My sister's are both teachers :) Hopefully once things with number 2 are settled you can find something you are happy with!

It has its pro's and con's being my own boss...The hours are tough as I work around Isabella - god help me when she drops her nap!!! I photograph newborns/babies/children! It has been a nightmare feeling broody cuddling 2 week olds!!! haha!

Yes, I used opks this month - mainly to check that the hormones from the coil were out of my system and things were working, though I had the Jaydess coil so was a super low hormone coil. Hopefully, I will chill out next cycle and not test constantly!!

Eeeek, that worries me, if Isabella is acting up and OH is working a night/late...Isabella hasn't been a good sleeper, and only slept through a couple of months ago!! Could be hard going with a second, but the smiles and the 'love you mummy's make it so worth it :)

Isabella sat on my lap yesterday and said 'Mummy, play with sister now?' her little NCT friend has a 4 week old sister, my best friend has a 6 week old and 2 other NCT ladies have announced they are expecting...so she (and I) have become obsessed with babies!

Nothing new really, I am pretty tired, but Is was up at 5.45am, and I finished work at 12.30am, so can't blame that on anything baby related!

How are you? Did you have a good day? xxx

[/QUOTE]

Oh bless her trying to feed the cat!!! Can't be mad when they are trying...even if its irritating as hell!

My sister's are both teachers :) Hopefully once things with number 2 are settled you can find something you are happy with!

It has its pro's and con's being my own boss...The hours are tough as I work around Isabella - god help me when she drops her nap!!! I photograph newborns/babies/children! It has been a nightmare feeling broody cuddling 2 week olds!!! haha!

Yes, I used opks this month - mainly to check that the hormones from the coil were out of my system and things were working, though I had the Jaydess coil so was a super low hormone coil. Hopefully, I will chill out next cycle and not test constantly!!

Eeeek, that worries me, if Isabella is acting up and OH is working a night/late...Isabella hasn't been a good sleeper, and only slept through a couple of months ago!! Could be hard going with a second, but the smiles and the 'love you mummy's make it so worth it :)

Isabella sat on my lap yesterday and said 'Mummy, play with sister now?' her little NCT friend has a 4 week old sister, my best friend has a 6 week old and 2 other NCT ladies have announced they are expecting...so she (and I) have become obsessed with babies!

Nothing new really, I am pretty tired, but Is was up at 5.45am, and I finished work at 12.30am, so can't blame that on anything baby related!

How are you? Did you have a good day? xxx[/QUOTE]

No definitely not! :)

That's the plan I think. Gunna stick at it until it's the time!

I suppose so chick, How long does she nap for u HuN? I remember when soph used to sleep for three hours in the middle of the day now it's practically nothing :shock: i found it hard to begin with! Do yo have any family near by who could help if need be when the time comes maybe?
O wow what a beautiful job though! I'd be so broody too!

They are wonderful things the tests but I got really obsessed with them. :wall2: Hate the whole not drinking fluids thing, I would get so dehydrated especially on my working days. I've been looking into the SMEP plan that some of the girls have been talking about on here. It does sound a little more relaxed and you only have to test a few days. Who knows though Hun this month could be your month fx!!

No doubt it's gunna be tough with no2 but they will definitely make up for it like you said. I just can't wait to see Sophie become a big sister to her brother/sister.

Omg that's so adorable! What a little sweetheart! I'm sure that day will not be long now xxx

O my gosh what a killer! You must be exhausted!
Nothing massively new here symptom wise. Had a busy day today. Started with her usual library group this morning, then we when grocery shopping and for some lunch. Took my wedding dress to the dry cleaners and popped into see my close friend and her little girl who's close in age to Sophie. Treated myself to a pedicure this afternoon. Figured I need to get my feet summer ready even if the weather isn't lol.

How was your day apart from work wise? Are you pretty much all organised for your birthdays on the weekend? Xx

Jus realised how long my post is. I apologise in advance. I do go on X.

Hehe! I think it's so long because mine was long too!!!

Is still naps for about 90mins, which means I get to do a little editing/answer emails/calls etc. Isabella has never been a good sleeper- so 3 hours in the day never happened ;) it's always been a battle with her. But for about 6months she has been having 2 hours ish, it is slowly decreasing though! And if she isn't at home in her bed is significantly shorter!!!!

I'm very fortunate with my family and my MIL close by, so they look after Isabella when I work- my dad retired early and my mum was a SAHM, so they have her if I need to work during the week and MIL at weekends.

I'm very lucky with my job, I love it. It's really hard work sometimes, but I do enjoy shooting so much. Www.facebook.com/clarelongphotography if you want to have a look!

I'm totally obsessed with testing...I hate it!!!! I need to relax next month! I just have to biggest feeling it's not going to happen quickly, that and the BFN this morning ��

Totally not organised for Sunday!!! OH is off today, so we are going to get things sorted, we hope! I have a wedding tomorrow so will be out from 9-11, not helpful ;)

What have you got planned for the next few days? Other than trying not to think about babies?! Xxx

Heya Hun sorry for the later response. I've had a super busy day!

That's brilliant that you've got loads of help from the family. That's fab that you love what you do. Not many people these days do. Omg just looked at your work! It's fantastic! The newborn ones just make me melt! You really such a talent for photography, gorgeous. :D

I know what you mean with the relaxing but tbh I'm not the best at it :/ it always feels like it's never going to happen doesn't it? O no! It's still too early yet isn't it Hun? Aren't you 8 days po? It's not over till the witch arrives.

How has the party manning come along today? O gosh a long weekend then? I do love weddings though! At least it will keep you distracted. When you think you'll test next?

Today I met up with my very good friend Naomi and her little girl who's two. Went for a walk in the park.. Was a lovely day day but windy. Unfortunately though she's just been diagnosed with gestational diabetes and devastated. I hate seeing her so upset bless her!

Yes I have kept my days full on purpose to the the thinking about making babies lol :'D
Got the house to myself this evening as the oh is watching the Wales game with he boys, so going to write out my thank you notes for he gifts given to us for the wedding. Hopefully won't take me too long :/
Then crackin with some crocheting as making a few gifts for people. May be a long night as I hate going to bed alone and always end up waiting up for him!

The oh has the weekend off so we're off on a family bike ride in the morning and then off to visit my grandparents in the afternoon to show them the weddin photos. Sunday we're sorting out the front bedroom as well be building a bed in there for Sophie's new room. Figured we'd keep her nursery as the actual nursery for baby no2. Then afternoon were dropping off Sophie at my mothers and we're off out for a date night. By then I'll be 8 dpo and should have work to distract me the following two days. I've potentially agreed with myself to test on the 9th which is when af is due. But not sure if I'll stick to that lol.
Been having some symptoms today but I still feel it's too soon to take them seriously. Having a few light cramps already and that's quite early for me. Who knows Hun xxx

Sorry lovely, meant to reply this morning by my grandad had a fall and I've spent all day at the hospital (8 stitches, X Ray's and blood test all done and he is fine!). Big work day tomorrow, so trying to get an early night. Will reply properly after the weekend ��

No worries Hun!
So sorry to hear that, thank goodness he's ok! Take care and enjoy Sunday! I hope you both have a wonderful day!
Xx

Update... got a BFP then it turned into a chemical pregnancy and AF arrived yesterday. Well at least we know hubby's sperm gets there. We had a horrible week in the run up to it with a house purchase falling through so I don't think my stress levels did anything to help the egg.

Heya Hun sorry for the later response. I've had a super busy day!

That's brilliant that you've got loads of help from the family. That's fab that you love what you do. Not many people these days do. Omg just looked at your work! It's fantastic! The newborn ones just make me melt! You really such a talent for photography, gorgeous. :D

I know what you mean with the relaxing but tbh I'm not the best at it :/ it always feels like it's never going to happen doesn't it? O no! It's still too early yet isn't it Hun? Aren't you 8 days po? It's not over till the witch arrives.

How has the party manning come along today? O gosh a long weekend then? I do love weddings though! At least it will keep you distracted. When you think you'll test next?

Today I met up with my very good friend Naomi and her little girl who's two. Went for a walk in the park.. Was a lovely day day but windy. Unfortunately though she's just been diagnosed with gestational diabetes and devastated. I hate seeing her so upset bless her!

Yes I have kept my days full on purpose to the the thinking about making babies lol :'D
Got the house to myself this evening as the oh is watching the Wales game with he boys, so going to write out my thank you notes for he gifts given to us for the wedding. Hopefully won't take me too long :/
Then crackin with some crocheting as making a few gifts for people. May be a long night as I hate going to bed alone and always end up waiting up for him!

The oh has the weekend off so we're off on a family bike ride in the morning and then off to visit my grandparents in the afternoon to show them the weddin photos. Sunday we're sorting out the front bedroom as well be building a bed in there for Sophie's new room. Figured we'd keep her nursery as the actual nursery for baby no2. Then afternoon were dropping off Sophie at my mothers and we're off out for a date night. By then I'll be 8 dpo and should have work to distract me the following two days. I've potentially agreed with myself to test on the 9th which is when af is due. But not sure if I'll stick to that lol.
Been having some symptoms today but I still feel it's too soon to take them seriously. Having a few light cramps already and that's quite early for me. Who knows Hun xxx

How was your weekend Anne88?
We are the same, nursery wil stay nursery so as soon as my studio is built, Isabella will have her big girl room in what is my studio now (aka front bedroom!!!)
Hope you got your thank you notes and crocheting done and had a wonderful date night!!

Update... got a BFP then it turned into a chemical pregnancy and AF arrived yesterday. Well at least we know hubby's sperm gets there. We had a horrible week in the run up to it with a house purchase falling through so I don't think my stress levels did anything to help the egg.

O gosh I'm so sorry pambi xx
I hope this next month goes super quickly for you xx

We are the same, nursery wil stay nursery so as soon as my studio is built, Isabella will have her big girl room in what is my studio now (aka front bedroom!!!)
Hope you got your thank you notes and crocheting done and had a wonderful date night!!

Hi Clare!!
Was a very busy weekend. Didn't get all my thank you notes done and crocheting though. Ended up testing yesterday where I thought I may have a a really faint 8dpo but tested again this morning and had a bfn. I'm 9po today and not any symptoms I think. Just have a rotten chesty cough and a nasty headache that started in work. hoping a good nights sleep will cure it.

Hate it that I caved with testing though!! Even when I know it's too early regardless. Felt in a right mood today having that bfn after having what I thought may have been a slight bfp. If it was something it must have been an Evap.

How about you Clare? How was Isobel's and your birthday party? Hope you had a wonderful day xx

Ladies ... new here ... is there any systoms I may be feeling in my 2 week wait ??

Hi Mrshopeful
There could be many Hun. How many dpo are you? The symptoms however can be very similar to af's. Have you been experiencing anything.
With my first pregnancy I had lower back ache and cramps as if af were going to arrive which was followed by implantation bleeding. Also I felt wxhausted at the time. These symptoms were around 3 days before af was due xx

Hi Anne88
Bfn and af ??
Oh I'm only 4dpo , patiences aren't my strong point ha ha
So I'm just looking for some small sign
I know it's probably really early , but a girl can dream

Big fat negative bfn and af Aunt Flo
I was exactly the same. Was asking on here when I was 3dpo.
You and me both on the patience thing. Xx

Hi Clare!!
Was a very busy weekend. Didn't get all my thank you notes done and crocheting though. Ended up testing yesterday where I thought I may have a a really faint 8dpo but tested again this morning and had a bfn. I'm 9po today and not any symptoms I think. Just have a rotten chesty cough and a nasty headache that started in work. hoping a good nights sleep will cure it.

Hate it that I caved with testing though!! Even when I know it's too early regardless. Felt in a right mood today having that bfn after having what I thought may have been a slight bfp. If it was something it must have been an Evap.

How about you Clare? How was Isobel's and your birthday party? Hope you had a wonderful day xx

8dpo is early, so don't let it bother you - I tested then too! I just want to know either way now, I'm being a right moody arse. I got a BFN today too - hugs all round!
Sorry you aren't feeling great, hope you are right with the sleep!

Birthday was good :) Isabella was spoiled rotten. I am shattered though! and now behind on work ;) must catch up this week! My husband has had a few days off, so not been at my computer as much as usual!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back