• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help with change of sleeping pattern

Fiona

Reaction score
I need some help ............

Grace has always gone to bed about 6.45 pm - straight into her cot, lights out, and then I leave the room ... she has done this from about 6 weeks old and we have never ever had a problem........ never any tears or complaining

until about 10 days ago when she had 2 nights where she went to bed quite late because we were away at the inlaws .. since then she hasn't wanted to go to bed on time and when we put her there she stands up and lifts her arms to be picked up... she then cries and cries if you leave the room.....
so far we have ended up staying with her until she goes to sleep.... but it taking about an hour each evening... :wall: :wall:

we have thought about controlled crying but to be honest Grace has never been a crying baby and when she cries at night if we leave the room it breaks both out hearts.. so we not sure we have the strength for controlled crying...

is this just a phase she is going through or are we going to have to toughen up ??? :think: :think:

hi hun haven't seen you on here for ages :wave:

i know what you are saying about the crying it really tugs at the heart strings doesn't it!! :wall: could she be off colour teething or anything? anything that could have frightened her?
could it be her age they are clever things and know exactly how to work you in their favour!! luke is going through this stage where he just kicks off when he doesn't get his own way, he has been waking up at stupid hours in the morning and refusing to go back to sleep even though he is shattered!!

either shes abit out of routine and you just need to sit it out or what i would say though is they pick up on things quickly and you don't want her to get used to you guys sitting in the room with her til she goes sleep every night. i hope that helps a bit, good luck xx :hug:

thanks Rusks - it is so hard to know what to do for the best isn't it :wall: :wall:

Last night Grace went to bed at 7 pm and I left the room straight away - we had no tears and she slept right through until 7.30 pm ... then tonight she went to bed at 7 pm and has spent the last 45 mins crying on and off....... tried controlled crying - did 1 min, then 2 min, then 3 mins but never made 4 mins as Grace got really stressed and was really really crying and DH couldn't take it any more so he is now up there sitting with her .........

If I knew it was a stage I would just grin and bear it ....... but as you have said - don't want her to get used to us being with her at night until she goes to sleep .. :? :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back