• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help, urgent advice needed if anyones awake.

katiejane

Reaction score
Morning,

I'm not having a great night, i've hardly slept and every time I have managed to get back to sleep i'm awake again very quickly in pain. I'm struggling to describe the pain, i have quite strong lower back pain, worse than what I've had so far. But the worst pain is quite low down, like a really strong pressure pain and i'm finding it hard to move around. But it really hurts down below now and feel's very odd (sorry if tmi). I don't really have any other symtoms, it doesn't hurt to go to the loo or anything like that, and i've got no bleeding. I gave up trying to sleep about an hour ago and hoped the pain might ease. Has anyone got any suggestions?

:hug: Not sure what it is but I'd get yourself checked out anyway - call your delivery suite and see what they advise you to do x

Thanks honey, that was a quick reply! I've called them and they are shut because they are full, but getting more staff in at 7 or something. So she said to take 2 paracetamols and ring back in a hour if the pain was no better x

Oo good luck, hope everything is ok - let us know what happens. :hug:

Hope your ok hun, let us know what they said xx

hope everything is ok and i would defo ring them to see what they say. better to be safe than sorry. keep us updated x

I really don't know what to do now, the pains still there and i've called the lgi back. They were asking me stupid questions like is it constipation? and were generally very dismissive and made me feel stupid. She put me through to Jimmys to talk to them, seen as LGI are staying closed for the foreseeable future. I got asked the same questions, have i been opening my bowels ok etc, how strong was the pain.

She said I could go there to be checked out but not to rush because its really busy with the LGI being shut and jimmys were on the brink of closing because of the pressue. I told her I didn't want to waste anyone's time and she said its not a waste of time when i'm in pain. But now i feel really confused and don't want to get there and be told its nothing, i feel really upset and confused.

Oh bless you, it's no surprise you're confused after that! I would probably still go along, you're obviously still worried, and as they said, it's not a waste of time if you're in pain - it doesn't matter what's causing the pain (it won't be a waste of time if it isn't anything serious is what I'm trying to say!) At the end of the day it's not your fault they are busy and that the other unit is closed - if you're in pain and worried then they will see you and I'm sure they won't make you feel bad even if it's nothing (which I hope it is!) xxx

I'd definitely go anyway - don't let them feel like you're wasting anyone's time... it's so much better to get checked out, and if it does turn out to be nothing that's a great thing, not something that should make you feel guilty for going!

Sorry for not replying again - was randomly awake with Toby and just about to go back to sleep again!

Thank you everyone, I don't know what I'd do without this forum! I'm in jimmy's now strapped up to machines and waiting to see a doctor, no ones fobbed me off or made me stupid so far. Will keep you updated x

So glad you went in. Hope everything's ok x

aw the forum is such a great help isn't it :) i hope you feel better hun and that it turns out to be something of nothing!! keep us updated but most importantly get some rest xxxx

Thanks again for your kind words and advice ladies. I've just got home, turns out I have Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD) and will ned physio and to take co-codomol. I also have been told not to overdo it and rest as much as i can. The doctor and the midwife that saw me were really nice and made me feel loads better, i'm glad i went in now. Baby William is fine, his heart rate was monitered and its all good, his head is down in position, but he's no engaging yet and the cervix is completley closed so there's no indication that he wants to come early, which is what i was worried about. I have probably been trying to do too much and it makes sense why i've been struggling to do things like stand and do the ironing xx

Oh Rosie's Mummy almost forgot to say, I was on a ward where they were assessing people, and some women were in labour. The women opposite kept making sex noises, and it made me and OH chuckle and reminded me of when you were being assessed in hospital lol x

Those noises are just out of a blue film! Soo funny, Im glad someone else has experienced it first hand! :lol:

So glad William is ok :) Hope the physio and co-codamol help a bit :hug:

Thank you :hug:

Please tell me that those noises aren't normal, because my OH will be :rotfl: if i do that.

I feel so much better that I know there is something wrong and I wasn't just over-reacting, but it can be helped and should go away after the pregnancy. Now I just need to find out more about it, i feel another thread coming on :)

so gla everythings ok. but shame about the SPD but just just got to think there cud be worse things ay! u get some rest and take care xx

Hiya just caught up with this thread. SPD :( poor thing! Glad you got seen to and reassured that your little boy is staying where he is for a bit longer!

You dont HAVE to make sex noises in labour, Im pretty sure its just optional :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back