• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help! Think bump has dropped and it's too early!

KJ

Reaction score
Hiya all,

the last 2 days the movements I've been feeling are totally different to before. Now they're all internal and really low down.

Also my bump looks a lot lower and even people at work have started commenting on how low it is!

I'm 30wks tomorrow. Shoudl I be worried? Did anyone else drop early but go full term after that? And does it mean that the baby might be engaging or can the bump drop anyway?

Please help! I'm seeing the GP this afternoon about it but I need some reassurance!

K.xx

I seemed to drop in stages, but people commented on it at about 32 weeks, so don't worry. The baby still has plenty of room to move around, and so has probably just got into a different position which is why you are feeling the kicks internally.

hi i have felt this too over past week. i read in my bounty book that most babies go head down by 30 weeks so it is fairly common. i still feel movements above belly button but its her bum shuffling and i can feel her hands by my bladder (really annoying lol) and feet under my ribs. my DD didnt turn until she was 35 weeks so i am lucky this time.

xxxxx

it could be breeched as my baby has been for most of my prgnancy - I have rarely felt any movement or kicks above the level of my belly button. It has always been in my pelvis or lower abdomen..... try not to worry too much honey, baby has so much room to play with still! :hug:

not sure hun, but a lot of the movements i feel are low down and midwife said the head was down on friday and wasnt worried about any problems

Let us know what they say, i am sure its nothing to worry about :hug:

thanks all. it's just wierd, all of a sudden. On thurs at my GP check up she said that it was head down and in a good position, but I was getting movement high up then. Now it's completely different.

I'm a little worried as me and DH had sex on sunday and it seems to have been since then that everything has changed.

I'll keep you all posted.

K.xx

Im sure it is all fine, my baby is head right down, when i went for my 4d scan at 29 weeks the lady said are you in pain as baby is well down and on your pelvis i said yes backacke, pains and sitting down is not good! like i have a bowling ball there, they all drop at different times im sure all is fine... :hug:

Excuse my lack of knowledge but is this when the baby turns round and has it's head down by your pelvis?

If so, apparently it's a common thing with women who are tall. the baby has more room to move. My mum had this at 30 weeks with me and 33 weeks with my brother. Think the standard is 36 weeks, not a problem at all according to the doctor, just uncomfy for the mum :shock:

Dont worry about it, my baby was head down from 29 weeks and now shes transverse. GRR

it's not the 'head down' that I'm worried about, that is a good thing and I hope he's head down all the way.

I'm just worried that as my bump seems to have dropped, he might be engaging early.

Can't wait to see the GP to see if everything's ok.

K.xx

Let us know how you get on :hug:

Most of my movements are really low down rummaging sensation, like he is trying to get out! So maybe he has just moved position or something.

I was absolutely convinced my bump had dropped, but when I mentioned it to my family - they laughed!!

Good luck :hug:

Piglet xx

A lot of my movement seems to be low down now too :? I have pain in my ribs a lot at mo so think LO's feet might be in that area...dont know really :think:

Hi

Good luck at your GP hun , ive heard this is quite common try not to worry
Katrina

Same here with the low down movement. I just can't seem to figure out where or how she is laying!! I think she lays with her feet under my ribs and she has been alot quiter over the last couple of days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back