• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help - Poorly Eye

Babylicious

Reaction score
Harrison has had a sticky eye from birth and has had green goo coming out of it. We've been to the doctors 3 times now and each time they have said something different, so far it's been an infection, then an allergy then just sticky eye. I don't know what to do as it's worse that ever (more goo) does look sore. I'm constantly wiping it and he's getting really fed up now.

Anything else I could try? (i've done massage tear duct and nothing came out)

Are you breastfeeding? When Sprog had a gooey eye the HV told me to squirt breastmilk into it!

I know for conjunctivitis there's an old wives tale about rubbing the eye with a gold ring. Not sure if it works though.

Are you doing the massage regularly? We started to do it (as Becky was the same from birth) more regularly and after a week or so... it just vanished. Have they actually done a swab of his eye to see if it is infected? The swab was the first thing they did when I mentioned I was worried about her eye. It came back negative.

My mum always advised cold tea...gawd knows how it works though???? :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back