Help Please - What Meals Can I Cook?

Charlie:-)

Reaction score
Right im getting really organised for when LO arrives and I'm going to cook some meals to freeze then when we cant be bothered to cook in the first few weeks we can just get something out of the freezer.

So far im cooking Chilli, Lasagne and Bolognaise Sauce.

Any ideas on other things I could make to freeze?

Thanks in advance for your help girls :D

I've been bad and not cooked anything! :oops:

Planning on living on beans and toast for a while :lol:

We will probably have a "beans on toast" night or a "jacket spud night" as well, something very quick and easy.

Casseroles or stews are good for freezing. I also make a 3 bean stew that freezes really well.

L xx

Lisamj said:
Casseroles or stews are good for freezing. I also make a 3 bean stew that freezes really well.

L xx

Not really that keen on meat stew, had it religiously every Friday without fail when I lived at home, now I'm all stewed out :lol:

Like the sound of 3 bean stew though, can you share the recipe please?

:oops: hadn't even thought of that! My OH is always cooking bolognese for me and i freeze that (mainly because he worries about me not eating).

I can't think of much really! Always good to have a few cans of soup in the cupboard

I also did chicken in a white wine and lemon cream sauce, chicken in tomatoes, moussaka, quiche for when we want something simple. A couple of pizzas are lurking in our freezer also.

Also bought in some chicken kievs, some good quality sausages and will get some jacket spuds and salad to go with them when I cook them.

Also will cook simple things like spanish style omelette, stir fry and for sure liver and bacon once LO is here :lol: Things that are quick and easy.

Got in some steaks, pork steaks and chicken breasts also.

wait until Sherlock gets here, she'll have millions of ideas and yummy recipes! :D

Me, Im with MM....beans on toast for me. My freezer hasnt got room for meals...its full of ice which at the moment is MUCH more important :lol:

Tillytots said:
wait until Sherlock gets here, she'll have millions of ideas and yummy recipes! :D

I've been here already :lol:

Its scary how well some of you ladies know me and my ways :lol:

Charlie:-) said:
Lisamj said:

L xx

Not really that keen on meat stew, had it religiously every Friday without fail when I lived at home, now I'm all stewed out :lol:

Like the sound of 3 bean stew though, can you share the recipe please?

Oh dear - I make most things up in my head....but as a guide this should make enough for 2 nights easily and just go with what you've got to hand:

Brown off a sliced onion and a couple of crushed cloves of garlic in a saucepan.
Add some dried herbs & spices. I use whatever I come across: thyme, oregano, paprika, chilli flakes, rosemary.
Add 3 tins of drained and rinsed beans ( use different types, I've tried it with black eyed, kidney, flagleot, mung, cannellini etc etc)
Add whatever veg you like (I add Mediterranan veg such as peppers, aubergines, courgettes and also mushrooms).
Add a tin or 2 of tomatoes (unless you can be bothered to boil and skin about 2 kgs of fresh tomatoes).
Season well and simmer away for about 30 mins. Freeze in batches if you wish.
Serve with brown rice, or ciabatta/bread.

hth

L xxx

:oops: My mum is cooking us some meals to freeze because I wouldn't know where to start and my OH is useless when it comes to cooking!

She's doing us a couple of soups as well :cheer: Chicken Soup solves everything! :lol:

Sherlock said:
Tillytots said:

I've been here already :lol:

Its scary how well some of you ladies know me and my ways :lol:

LOL how freaky was that! you posted exaclty the same time!! :shock: I knew you'd be here soon!! :lol:

last time i cooked some curry, some different stews and i bought lots of microwave rice and things like frozen pizzas. i did it all over a week so it wasnt such a big task!

Some brilliant ideas girls thanks very much.

Think I will add Mousaka and Bean Stew to my list then that shall be enough. Will also be having easy stuff like sausage & mash, stir fry and easy throw in the pan no effort meals.

Sherlock the chicken dishes sound lovely but I've really gone off chicken since been pregnant, hoping my appetite will allow it to come back though once Lo arrives but will wait & see, don't want to chance it by making lots of chicken dishes.

Thanks again :D

We have a lentil curry frozen

chilli

a thai chicken curry

I am going to cook a batch amount of flapjack and a bean stew also.

loads of pizza and frozen fish finger type things in too, oh beans on toast and jacket potatos will be on the menu
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back