meals? can u help?

lisa&alex

Reaction score
i want to do a bit of cooking today... and stuff that i can store and freeze etc.. can anyone help me on ideas of what i can do?

so far i have..
cottage pie,
cornedbeef pasty pie
chicken curry

meat pie
lasagne
butter pie :lol:
shepherds pie
cheese pie
soups

Honeyed pork is great and all you need to do when you reheat it is add the yellow and red pepper so they are crisp still.

Various soups, broccoli and leek or carrot and ginger are my favourites.

I also make chicken bake, with chicken pieces, veggies - leek, mushrooms and sweetcorn in a creamy sauce topped with slices of potato and grated cheese on top.

Chilli beef

Fish pie - with pollock instead of cod as its sustainable, smoked haddock and salmon. Can also add prawns.

Stew (and then add dumplings when reheating)

I think it really depends on what you like to eat. I like to freeze leftovers so tend to always make more whenever I cook so I can freeze at least an extra meal for hubby and I.

But then I love cooking from fresh and find a pork steak with apricot stilton melted on is scrummy. Or garlic chicken, or chicken in fresh tomatoes served with rice and green veggies. All of these take 20 minutes cook tops.

I like to make a big pot of bolognese sauce and freeze in meal size freezer bags, which can then either go as spag bol, or lasagne, or on jacket potatoes, loads actually!

I always mean to do that but I never buy enough mince :wall: I only ever make it one night and have enough for the next night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back