Help please ladies..

Krystal

Reaction score
Hello :wave:

Jack has been poorly all week. I got called home from nursery cos he had been sick and had diarrhea. He has been like this all week apart from the sickness had cleared up but this morning he was sick again (properly sick btw not just posseting) He is off his food but i've been giving him plenty of milk and also plenty of fluids with those little sachets to stop him getting dehydrated.

I know that there isn't an awful lot a doctor can do for him so haven't taken him but how long do you guys leave it for before you speak to the doctor? Surely him being ill ALL week isn't good?

Thanks

I would see if the doctor could check him over, mostly to put my to rest... Im always at the doctor, i bet she is tired of the sight of me :lol:

Anyway, I hope he gets better soon. If he is anything like Jake it wont be bothering him at all :hug:

i would see a doc hun, Hannah had a bug about 6 months ago and i ended up taking wee and poo samples and she had a bug that needed antibiotics to clear up and she was very dehidrated

Thank you both. I called NHS direct earlier who seemed to think I was doing ok and should not go to docs but TBH I don't lke him being ill for so long so gonna take him to the docs tomorrow, at least to get checked up :hug:

aww give him plenty of fluids and keep him chilled hun. Doctors sounds like a good idea.

When Arianna had a bug like this, we were told to only give her a small amount of milk every 30mins but as much water as she would take. Once she hadn't been sick for 24hrs to put her back on to her normal milk intake.

We were also told to give her some clear soups.

Poor little Jack, hope he is better soon :hug:

When DS had this I was told not to give milk as the bugs THRIVE on dairy and would make him worse. Instead I was told that if I really had to give it to him then I had to water it down, he was older than your LO though.

Thanks for all your replies.

Kina my anty said that so I called NHS direct who said to continue giving milk and today he has had his normal food cos he would take it. She just said plenty of fluids. Arghhh now i'm confused. What you said makes sense. hmmm.

I'd leave it only as long as you are not worried - once you are worried then off to the docs.

You aren't going there for a magic cure that doesn't exist but you are going for advice and their opinion so they won't mind in the slightest :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back