Help Needed please !

babyroo

Reaction score
Things are going from bad to worse with Jessica's sleeping, I am a walking zombie and feeling very down.
Jessica goes to bed at 7:30pm , then wakes again between 9pm and 10pm goes straight back to sleep , she wakes up 11:30pm and usually goes back to sleep but for the past few nights she hasn't she won't go back to sleep, when i try to lay her back down in the cot she arches her back and screams the place down this goes on for a while then i give in and get her to sleep on my knee then as soon as she gets in the cot exactly the same happens arching back etc.
Last night i had to give her milk at 2:30am which sent her to sleep but she woke up again at 4:11am and was doing exactly the same, i ended up bringing her in with us at 5:15am cos i was exhausted and close to dropping tbh.She went fast off to sleep in with us for a few hours. We've tried allsorts everything teething related, different combinations of bedding etc just don't know what else to do.
I feel like such a bad mother today because i got so frustrated i raised my voice to her :(
HELP! I can't believe i'm sat in tears about it.

I have no advice but didnt want to read and run.

Its amazing what lack of sleep does to you i hope she settles back down for you soon. :hug:

Thanks for your reply Bloom.
She had a cold last week and sounds a little congested which may be the answer so taking her to Docs this afternoon to get her checked.

How did the doc appointment go babyroo? Hope she's ok and recovering :hug:

I can only suggest things, I have no fool proof remedies as Evie is only a month old! :lol: I feel a bit silly replying to your thread because I have no experience of having a child at Jessica's age..

So, if it were me, I think I'd try and create a completely new bedtime routine for her. Maybe put her to bed at 8:30pm instead of 7:30pm, take her upstairs in a blanket with some milk and a biscuit, sit cuddling her for 15 minutes while reading her a story and tucking her in. Maybe I'm REALLY naiive in thinking that could work! If I am, don't tell me - I'm quite happy to spend the next year thinking I have a back up plan for things like this!! :rotfl: xx

All I know is what I've done with Isaac in the past.. most people say not to get LO up under any circumstance as it will promote more night time waking, but I found when Isaac did this waking with no sign of re-settling, in the early hours, I simply got up with him, sat on the sofa in the room with the dim light of the fish tank on, and didn't talk to him, just sat with him, and after about 10mins he was back asleep and I'd carry him back to his cot where he'd then stay and sleep. Not necessarily a long term solution but if you need your sleep its something I've used, very best wishes, hope she settles better real soon :hug: :hug: :hug: You're not a bad mother :hug: I've raised my voice to Isaac and I know you feel so so horrible for it but for what its worth, we're human, we have moments where we're not perfect :hug:

We can all get ratty with lack of sleep so don't think you're a bad mother because of that :hug:

I wonder if its a developmental stage thing. I'm not sure if you've read "The Wonder Weeks" it tells you all about when they will do this kind of thing up to 1 year old. It was always very reliable at predicting this type of thing. I don't know which weeks are like this after the age of 1 but a lot of babies this age seem to be going through something similar from reading recent posts. Maybe just hang in there and it will pass soon. :pray:

You have my sympathies - I've had only 4 hours sleep in the last two nights as Q is suffering with a dreadful cold. It is amazing how much sleep deprivation can affect us. I find myself getting terribly grumpy - particularly at DH.

I hope things improve for you.

Thank you soo much for the replies, been bit hectic so sorry for the lateness in my reply.
Jessica's docs appointment went well no chest infection just tail end of a cold with glupyness in throat which made her sound a bit funny when she breathed.
She has been a bit better but no where near what she used to be like,tried putting her down later but she just screamed cos she was overtired thanks for the suggestion though Danni :hug: :hug: :hug: .
I'm quite interested in the development theory though, she had a small stage like this when she was about 9months just before she crawled and pulled herself up. She is cruising at a fast pace and getting more and more confident on her feet infact i think she is spending more time walking around with her walker than crawling. Hopefully it's just her putting the pathways together to walk.
Thank you so much ladies :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back