help needed about my cat and her stitches

Anna23

Reaction score
she was nutred today which is great HOWEVER she won't leave the stiches alone but i'm not too sure if its her stiches she is biting/lickking or if it's her boobs as they are rather full atm (her kittens are all gone as they are 8wks) i have put her colour on her but it's easy to move out of the way so she can go at her stiches but also she is now not happy with the colour and is trying to take it off i'm not sure what to do :?

Not really sure what to suggest other the the collar? My cat kept hers on for 3 days. She was pretty annoyed about it at first but she gave up eventually.

Maybe it isn't on secure enough? Ours was tied to her normal collar using some bandage.

Hope she recovers well. :hug:

I just found my cat liked to lick hers! but she wasnt given a coller to wear bless her. I imagine she wants to get at thr wound and clean it but dont let her as there tongues are a health hazard lol

i caught her pulling at it earlier hence why i put the colour on her, she is sleeping now tho so thats good

You can get a spray that she wont like the taste of but should be completely harmless to her and her wound, check with the vet first :wink:

I was told that its ok for them to lick at the wound as long as they obviously aren't biting it. Peggy licked her wound and it was fine (her's was on the side and only had 2 stitches and healed really quickly). If she is biting it then the collar is the only thing.

is she wearing a normal collar or a buster collar (the lampshade ones you can get from the vets). if shes wearing a normal one she needs a buster collar go back to the vets and explain to them what shes doing and ask for one. if she's already wearing one then shes got the wrong size on. we studied this when i did veterinary practice at college. hope this helps x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back