help me plz im confused.....

BeckyJ

Reaction score
i dont understand charting, temps, opd's etc
with summer we were trying for about 6 months with no luck so we then tried on the 12/13/14th day of my cycle guessing this would be about right and it worked!
i always had regular cycles of 28days but this month had a 40 day clycle! my last cycle started dec 19th, i now hav no idea when is best to baby dance and no idea of how to find this out :doh: please help me :(

I can't get my head around temperature charting so I use the OV kits to help me figure out what's going on with my cycle. You can get a load of ov kit cheapies from a company called babymad ~ I got 50 for £20 or thereabouts ~ or off ebay.

What I did is start poas on day 11 of my cycle and then carried on until I got 2 +ve days in a row, which were around days 14,15,16 as my cycles are normally over 30 days long. The best time to test is about 2pm in the afternoon, fmu is no good for ov kits.

We started bd'ing every other day from the day I started testing and when i got the +ve we started bd'ing every day until about 4 days after just.

Good luck :hug:

thanks so much for replying - it all gets so confusing lol

BeckyJ said:
thanks so much for replying - it all gets so confusing lol

Doesn't it just!!?! I started charting my temp but didn't realise you were supposed to do it as soon as you woke up and before you moved!! I'd get up, have a cuppa then take it and then would wonder why it was all over the place!!! Needless to say, I gave that up after about 4 days :lol:

ive got a few opk's from when we were ttc with summer, i didn't use them at all with her but bought them as that was the next step if we hadn't of conceived when we did, i will have a try with them

if i get a positive test do we bd that day? or the day after or both?

It's entirely up to you hun. Some people bd every other day whilst they're ovulating and some do it every day. We were bd'ing every day I got the +ve on the kits then switched to every other day for about 4 days post ovulation just to maximise our chances.

Well, we managed to get pregnant three times in three months so must have done something right! Don't know if this will help....

First month was not planned at all so can't really tell you what happened there! :lol:

Second month we bded every day until about CD 20 (at a guess) - then we got sick of it :lol:

Third month we tried the every other day approach (with the occasional day in between as the mood took us).

We didn't use OPKs or anything like that, and I didn't do temperature charting - just keeping an eye on the calendar and looking out for cervical position and CM for clues.

Fingers crossed for you honey! :hug:

thanks babyblonde, was just thinking about u, hope everything is going well, hope to join u in 1st tri soon :cheer:

Awwww thanks hun! 7 weeks on Tuesday - fingers crossed!

I'll keep a seat warm for you! :hug:

I was similar to babyblonde. First month was a fluke, we only BD'ed twice, once at 'the right time' (although that was looking back) as we had an awful month. Straight after that we just did it every day for about 3 weeks. We did miss a few days (maybe 3 or 4) but we were so determined we were BD-ing as often as we could then at about 3 weeks I suddenly didn't feel like it any more. Lo and behold: BFP.

Then we had a month off to let my body recover. Now I am charting CP and CM. I will be temping once my thermometer arrives. No idea if it will work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back