Help me guess the sex? (just a bit of fun)

maybebaby

Reaction score
I'm not allowed to find out the sex at my 20 week scan (OH REALLY doesn't want to know!), so I've been looking at some old wives tales in the hope of being able to guess!

So, if you know the sex, or have had your baby already, can you help me to work out if there's any truth in these predictions?

Before anyone says anything, I KNOW it's not an accurate way of guessing, don't worry I'm not going to paint the nursery blue on the basis of this!

• Did you have bad morning sickness? (Yes G, No B)

Have your areolas darkened considerably? (Yes B, No G)

Are you craving sweet or salty foods? (Sweet G, Salty B)

Is the hair on your legs (& elsewhere) growing more quickly & is it darker? (Yes B, No G)

Are your hands dryer than usual? (Yes B, No G)

Is your wee green or yellow? (Green G, Yellow B)

Have you had any headaches? (Yes B, No G)

Have you been much moodier since being pregnant? (Yes G, No B)

If you add your age at conception and the number of the month of conception, do you get an odd or even number? (Odd G, Even B)

i answerd them to both my pregnancys and both have turned out tp have said boys but i had 2 girls :lol: you can never be fully sure with these things hun even the people who do teh scans are never 100% sure

just dont go out buying loads of pink or blue things just yet :lol: :lol:
try for some unisex ones to start off with untill you know for sure

good luck
xxxxxxx

I don't know the sex of our LO, but according to that it's a girl, but saying that according to other things it's a boy, so who knows!

Did you have bad morning sickness? (Yes G, No B) NO

Have your areolas darkened considerably? (Yes B, No G) NO

Are you craving sweet or salty foods? (Sweet G, Salty B) Sweet

Is the hair on your legs (& elsewhere) growing more quickly & is it darker? (Yes B, No G) NO

Are your hands dryer than usual? (Yes B, No G) NO

Is your wee green or yellow? (Green G, Yellow B) Bright Yellow

Have you had any headaches? (Yes B, No G) Yes

Have you been much moodier since being pregnant? (Yes G, No B) Yes

If you add your age at conception and the number of the month of conception, do you get an odd or even number? (Odd G, Even B) Even

Are you craving sweet or salty foods? (Sweet G, Salty B) SALTY

Is the hair on your legs (& elsewhere) growing more quickly & is it darker? (Yes B, No G) YES

Is your wee green or yellow? (Green G, Yellow B) YELLOW

Have you had any headaches? (Yes B, No G) YES

Have you been much moodier since being pregnant? (Yes G, No B) NO

If you add your age at conception and the number of the month of conception, do you get an odd or even number? (Odd G, Even B)EVEN

Have your areolas darkened considerably? (Yes B, No G) YES

Is the hair on your legs (& elsewhere) growing more quickly & is it darker? (Yes B, No G) NO

Are your hands dryer than usual? (Yes B, No G) YES

Have you had any headaches? (Yes B, No G) NO

Have you been much moodier since being pregnant? (Yes G, No B) YES

If you add your age at conception and the number of the month of conception, do you get an odd or even number? (Odd G, Even B) EVEN

Well the majority of the answers to this say im having a BOY which I am :rotfl:

Is the hair on your legs (& elsewhere) growing more quickly & is it darker? (Yes B, No G) YES

Are your hands dryer than usual? (Yes B, No G) YES

Have you had any headaches? (Yes B, No G) NO

Have you been much moodier since being pregnant? (Yes G, No B) NO

If you add your age at conception and the number of the month of conception, do you get an odd or even number? (Odd G, Even B) EVEN

So the result for me is - i am having a BOY! Which has actually been my gut feeling since we found out - OH thinks girl - so one of us is right! And to be fair it usually is me thats right (well I am female!)

To be fair though, the result of mine on this one came out boy but all the other old wives tales tests ive done online have all come out girl...I think you got to take them with a pinch of salt!!

It worked out I'm having a boy too but not to be taken seriously! That has been my gut feeling all along, but who knows...

Might have to slip the us tech a fiver to tell me the sex while oh's in the loo...

You could always ask them to write down the sex and then put it in an envelope, that way you can see but just not show OH???

Did you have bad morning sickness? (Yes G, No B) None at all B

Have your areolas darkened considerably? (Yes B, No G) I think so B

Are you craving sweet or salty foods? (Sweet G, Salty B) Salty B

Is the hair on your legs (& elsewhere) growing more quickly & is it darker? (Yes B, No G) I look like a gorilla B

Are your hands dryer than usual? (Yes B, No G) Yup! B

Is your wee green or yellow? (Green G, Yellow B) If it was green I'd see a doctor fast! B

Have you had any headaches? (Yes B, No G) Never stops! B

Have you been much moodier since being pregnant? (Yes G, No B) Me moody??? G

If you add your age at conception and the number of the month of conception, do you get an odd or even number? (Odd G, Even B) Even B

Did you have bad morning sickness? (Yes G, No B) No

Have your areolas darkened considerably? (Yes B, No G) Yes

Are you craving sweet or salty foods? (Sweet G, Salty B) Both :think:

Is the hair on your legs (& elsewhere) growing more quickly & is it darker? (Yes B, No G) No

Are your hands dryer than usual? (Yes B, No G) No

Is your wee green or yellow? (Green G, Yellow B) Yellow

Have you been much moodier since being pregnant? (Yes G, No B) Yes

If you add your age at conception and the number of the month of conception, do you get an odd or even number? (Odd G, Even B) Odd

Hmmm works out 4 for both so i think i'm having a he/she lol

(Saw his bits on 4d scan so am not worried lol)

Did you have bad morning sickness? ( No B)

Have your areolas darkened considerably? ( No G)

Are you craving sweet or salty foods? (Sweet G)

Is the hair on your legs (& elsewhere) growing more quickly & is it darker? ( No G)

Are your hands dryer than usual? (No G)

Is your wee green or yellow? ( Yellow B)

Have you had any headaches? (Yes B)

Have you been much moodier since being pregnant? (No B)

If you add your age at conception and the number of the month of conception, do you get an odd or even number? (37 Odd G)

4 Boys
5 Girls :cheer:

Only 15 weeks to find out!!!! :cheer:

Mine was neither here nor there, the morning sickness so wrong, with Damien I had is horredously.
Dunno what colour my wee was though :lol:
I was pretty moody too.

The only thing which gave it away to me was the cravings which were salty, hinting a boy. This time I'm both so far.

Did you have bad morning sickness? (Yes G, No B) YES

Are you craving sweet or salty foods? (Sweet G, Salty B)SWEET

Have you had any headaches? (Yes B, No G) YES

Have you been much moodier since being pregnant? (Yes G, No B) YES

If you add your age at conception and the number of the month of conception, do you get an odd or even number? (Odd G, Even B)ODD
SO WHAT DOSE THAT SAY 7/9 GIRL 2/9 BOY WOULD BE NICE

I know im not quite in the second Tri yet but hope you dont mind me posting - if you do tuff lol

Are you craving sweet or salty foods? (Sweet G, Salty B) Sweet

Is the hair on your legs (& elsewhere) growing more quickly & is it darker? (Yes B, No G) Yes

Is your wee green or yellow? (Green G, Yellow B) Yellow

Have you been much moodier since being pregnant? (Yes G, No B) No Im always moody lol

If you add your age at conception and the number of the month of conception, do you get an odd or even number? (Odd G, Even B) odd

oooooooo so I get 5 for a boy and 4 for a girl......to close to call!! I really have no incline either what I will be having and im not finding out at my scan!

I went to see Derek Achora on tuesday and he spoke to someone and said his girlfriend was pregnant (which she was) he asked if he wanted to know the sex, the bloke said they had found out the day before and Derek said it was a Girl (he was correct) and it would weigh around 8lb 2oz according to the blokes passed away father who was looking at his future spiritual agenda. He also told an older woman someone in her family had just concieved a few weeks ago and it was a girl and would weight 6lb something. I wanted someone to come and talk to me and I wanted him to say what I was having but no one did, I wouldnt have fully believed him like but I could have seen if he was correct!

Did you have bad morning sickness? (Yes G, No B) no

Have your areolas darkened considerably? (Yes B, No G) no

Are you craving sweet or salty foods? (Sweet G, Salty B) sweet

Is the hair on your legs (& elsewhere) growing more quickly & is it darker? (Yes B, No G) y

Are your hands dryer than usual? (Yes B, No G) y

Is your wee green or yellow? (Green G, Yellow B) yellow

Have you had any headaches? (Yes B, No G) yes

Have you been much moodier since being pregnant? (Yes G, No B) yes

If you add your age at conception and the number of the month of conception, do you get an odd or even number? (Odd G, Even B) odd

going by this i am having a boy but only just it was nearly 50/50

Most of my answers for when I was preggers was for a boy :shock:

• Did you have bad morning sickness? (Yes G, No B) Yes - Girl

Have your areolas darkened considerably? (Yes B, No G) Dunno, think they got darker with Damo, so No - Girl

Are you craving sweet or salty foods? (Sweet G, Salty B) Both - he/she :lol:

Is the hair on your legs (& elsewhere) growing more quickly & is it darker? (Yes B, No G) No - Girl

Are your hands dryer than usual? (Yes B, No G) No - Girl

Is your wee green or yellow? (Green G, Yellow B) Yellow I think! - Boy

Have you had any headaches? (Yes B, No G) Yes, but I get them anyway - Girl

Have you been much moodier since being pregnant? (Yes G, No B) Yes, but I'm a moody cow anyway said DF :lol: - Girl

If you add your age at conception and the number of the month of conception, do you get an odd or even number? (Odd G, Even B) Even - Boy

So going by that, I've got 6 which say girl, 2 which say boy, and 1 which isn't sure :lol: But it was almost the same for Damien except the food one, so that was half an half with him.
My DF would love a girl bless him :)

Has anyone done the wedding ring test, round and round for a girl and side to side for a boy? Mine said girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back