• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help?? Is you boyfriend/OH/DH a mechanic or good with cars..

Krystal

Reaction score
...Or you of course.. all for sexual equality :wink:

Anyway I'll copy here what I posted on a Mazda forum for some help but it seems pretty dead over there so not sure if i'll get a response.. My car seat is a Brittax Si

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm not sure if this is the right place but here goes...

I have a Mazda 3. I had a childseat fitted, one where the seat belt goes around the back of the car seat and through the hook on the side. Due to needing the extra space we were removing the car seat. Because of the safety feature on this Mazda as soon as the seatbelt wound back up it will not release again. The problem is we didn't manage to unhook the seat belt from around the carseat before this happened.

So now I have a car seat which is on it's side with the seat belt tightly wrapped around the hook and I am unable to pull the seatbelt back out again to release the car seat.

Hope I haven't lost you, it's difficult to explain.

Basically what I need to know is if there is a way of releasing the seatbelt from the automatic locking position?

I know in the manual it tells you to let the seat belt feed alllll the way back in before pulling back out again, obviously I can't do this because we have a babyseat in the way.

Hope there is someone out there that can help.

Thanks in advance

Have u tried pulling it out slowly and seeing if it will move? Or a sharp pull?

Sometimes my seat belt gets stuck and won't come out (think its something to do with the tensioner) but if u pull sharply (I think) it comes out eventually.

If that helps :lol:

Cheers Kirsty :D

Bee - Have tried that yeah, doesn't work unfortunately. It's a safety feature on the Mazda, because we had to pull it out as far as it could possibly go to fit the carseat in that the feature kicked in and the lock was applied. What we should have done is whilst one was unhooking carseat the other should of held the seatbelt to prevent it from retracting until the car seat was removed if that makes sense, bloody stupid safety feature if you ask me! :x

Ah right - I know what u mean

Was worth a try :lol:

If its a safety feature then u might have to go to the garage to get it sorted - I bet they have a "special tool" that will need to be used :roll:

Mazda 3 - it's a 53 reg :( Looks like we'll have to take to garage so they can use that 'special tool' :roll: :x

Thanks anyway girls :hug:

I asked him for you and he said he's never heard of that safety feature before :roll:

Some mechanic :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back