Help, I'm getting desperate...:-(

mamichuli

Reaction score
Has anyone got any experience of this - Anais is my third child but this is new to me, I would be sooo grateful if anyone has any ideas...
As I was to start work when Ani turn sixteen weeks I started early weaning with the peadiatrician's (sp) advice and your support on the forum. She took to fruit purees (both jar and homemade) and also to cereal like a fish to water, starting with just a little taste everyday to eating about 100 cc of each a day. Then she got a slight cold, and the doctor suggested not forcing food, as she would not be hungry for a couple of days and to just continiue breastfeeding on demand. This was fine and Ani is now over her cold, but she refuses to eat anything (off a spoon, off my finger - i was told that sometimes works), she only wants to breastfeed.
The situation is becoming desperate, as I had stocked up on expressed milk, but every day i go to work she goes thru loads, and as she refuses to eat, it is getting difficult to keep my stock up and she is rapidly depleting what i had in freezer. :wall: :wall: :wall:

Please help, I dont know what to do, should i stop trying to feed her purees for a week and see how she goes, give up and go on to formula, as i dont think i will be able to keep up the stock for more than a few days of bottled expressed milk, or what? :roll:

I feel like it has been all this hard work to keep her on the breast for as long as possible, and i may just have to give up, and this makes me want to cry :cry: :cry: :cry: .

Lisa

I wanted to give you some :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: and say that I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so upset :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Have you tried baby rice with some of your EBM? Just a thought as something 'not fluid' to get her back onto eating something with texture?
How about fruit juice? Its fluid but a different flavour again, may get her wanting to taste foods again?
I wish I could share some experince but I can't, and also would say maybe she's just having a week off? I would still try her with something everyday, I know Isaac wasn't keen on some days but others he was, and if I hadn't tried on the days he was, we may never have moved forward with the weaning.
I really hope you find something that works for you and Ani, and is there any chance you can breastfeed more/for longer, to build up your supply, so you can express more, or would that be more of a problem with going back to work?
Hope you feel happier about the situation soon :hug: very best wishes :hug:

Aww what a shame!

Have you tried giving her breastmilk to fill her a little then go to solids after that? Drinking milk is so easy, she may have just got a bit lazy :lol:
Hope she goes back to it soon.

xx

i dont kno sweety, can u not maybe mix some baby rice in with the expressed milk in the bottles (so its still runny)?
i dont kno if u should do that tho better check with someone who kno's more than me lol
good luck hun :hug:

Hi

Maybe she is just a bit fussy cuz she was sick give it a few days maybe she will get back to normal, good luck hun your doing great :clap:

Just wanted to thank you all for your suggestions and support and to give you an update. Went to my mums today for a short visit and she said she would try to give her a bit of fruit puree, and sent me off to make coffee. And she ate it! :shock: Good as gold, butter wont melt in my mouth. Little minx... :lol:

We'll see how she does with the babysitter tomorrow... am using my milk for cereal, seems to work better...she tasted a little this morning, not much, but better than the temper she threw yesterday! :roll:

Lisa

Probably a bit late, but Ellie came down with a cold not long after starting nursery. This really put her off solids and meants she wasn't eating enough and was waking again during the night for feeds where she had been sleeping through. One thing I did to help up my milk supply to get enough off during the day while at work was to take Fenugreek.

The other thing I did (but may not be appropiate as Ellie was 6-7months when this happened), was give her lots of small courses, this seemed to really help keep her interested in the food.

Thanks, Nicky

I am thinking of offering just a little at every feed to see what happens... we'll see

Lisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back