help! i dont know what to do :(

lisa&alex

Reaction score
now.. its day 3.. and my boobs are empty! :( .. my nipples are killing coz he cant latch on properly.. and he is feeding for about 2 hrs.. mw said express every 2-3 hrs.. and im doing that an nothings comming out..(1st night i got 8mls off in about 30 mins) where has all my colostrum gone? and why dont i have any milk? i had to give him 8mls of boiled water this morning coz he was starving.. my midwife is apparently doing ehr rounds?? but its now almost midday! and she hasnt been.. ive rung the birth centre for support.. but i dont know what to do.. alex just went to tesco to get some forumal.. but i really dont want to give it :(

im eatting and drinking.. so why havent i started filling? ive even cried (baby blues? doesnt that mean milks on its way??)

HELP!!

Hi hun! First of all congratulations with your baby! Second-try to calm down. Milk doesnt come in till about day 3 or 4. Colostrom in the beginning are just few drops at each feed. The more you feed-the more milk you will produce. It is really hard in the beginning, but try to stay positive. Your milk will should kick in soon. In the first days babies can feed all the time. And it is really all the time. And, probably...Maybe instead of boiled water you can give just some formula? Just so you can relax and get some rest? :hug:

Ah bless you! This really is a tough time Your milk is on it's way very soon! :hug:

If you give formula remember to try and cup feed so as not to give Edward nipple confusion. Maybe sterilize a bottle lid?

Good Luck xxxxx

My milk started to come in the day i left the hospital when Thea was 4 days old. Dont panic!
The reason you cant express much is because colostrum is harder to express than milk and honestly hun at 3 days old your baby needs just a tiny bit to keep going between feeds. That's why your baby feeds so often to start with.
Try to remember that only 1% of women cant breastfeed for a medical reason like having no milk so the chances of your milk coming in over the next few days are extremely high. Keep putting baby to your boob, just settle down with a big glass of water and a sandwich and drink and eat while baby suckles.
I remember feeling like the feeding wasnt working but it was, honestly i think every mummy feels like that at the begining. Go careful with the formula feeding though if you are determined to breastfeed as it can effect your supply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back