• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help - How many colds?

Daniel's Mummy

Reaction score
Help please ladies

My LO is on his 6th cough and cold since the middle of September. Is this normal? The last one he had turned into acute tonsilitis, ear infection and gingivitis (after 3 trips to the doctor and ending up at hospital :wall: ). I'm praying it doesn't get like that again this time.

He eats really healthy, etc. Any ideas of what I can do to stop him picking up so many? It upsets me seeing him unwell.

I'm so worried I'm doing something wrong and thats why he keeps picking up bugs. I mentioned it to the doctor and he just said the more he has now he'll build up an immunity ready for when he starts school. I'm just worried 6 times in two and a half months is to many.

Hi Hun,

Jared seems to have had a permanent chesty cough and cold since September (this is when i went back to work and he started nursery) he has had anti b's once and 2 stomach bugs as well :( .
I totally feel for you, it just seems relentless doesn't it?
If he is eating ok and is pretty active still i wouldn't worry too much, as my doc says its only when they lose their spark and energy that you know they are really poorly.

Sending you hugs :hug:

Lyns xxx

I know it sounds terribly cruel but it is actually quite good for children to get colds early on because it helps develop their immune system to fight off the illness and therefore they should lead healthier lives as they grow up.

This is one of the reasons why doctors don't give out antibiotics as much as they used to...these only serve to supress the immune system.

Evie is now on her 4th cold in about 3 months.. it's not nice seeing them poorly but I always remember that in the end it'll do her good

Thanks Pilkers and Angelblue. It is reasurring to know it's not just Daniel.

I just get back into a routine and he seems to get another :wall: :wall:

My son has had broculitis (sp) twice in 6 weeks. He is still coughing really bad at times has had a runny nose for 2 weeks and a temp on and off for 2 weeks :(

Your not alone hunny, im worried about all the bugs my son is picking up. If were at mum and baby group and a child on the opposit side of the room has a cold/cough, my son is guarenteed to get it, were having quite bad luck at the moment.

My doctor said the same to me about the immune system. Im hoping hes right!!!

Hope your LO feels better soon :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back