help/advice

Layla

Reaction score
hi guys

I have just ordered ovulation tests from ebay, i have never used them before tho so i really dont know how to do it.

i really want to try to get pregnant right away but being as i dont know when i will ovulate im hopeing some of you on here can help me out?

when do i do those tests? how does the temps and charts work? i have had a look at them but they go right over my head.

please help..

xxxx

Have you bought a whack of OPKs Layla?

If I was use I would start now & continue until you see a probable positive or AF arrives. If AF arrive that will give you a clearer idea of where your cycle is.

With OPKs they say it is best to test early afternoon, I think Rach said between 12-3 (ish) also important to maybe avoid the bathroom a couple of hours before as well as drinking any fluids so you water is not diluted. I think some of the peestickoholics test in the afternoon & later evening :lol:

Charting;
You would need a digital thermoeter. I bought the Boots fertility pack one for £12.99 :D
Then www.fertilityfriend.com & will guide you from there :twisted:

How are you feeling Layla? x

thanks hun

i got 5 tests to start out with, shall i get more then?

im still up and down, get teary alot, i just want to be pregnant again.

i feel bad talking about this with you tho after what your going through, feel like im being really insensative, sorry babe.

prob be a silly question to ask how your doing right?

xx

Yer I think you would be better getting a bigger pack or you may find you end up with 1 left & pulling your hair out.

If you bought from that TK bloke he has a shop too;
http://www.accessdiagnostics.co.uk/acat ... Tests.html

Don't feel bad we both feel the same pain! I'll get there one way or other an I'm quite happy to be on a break in fact I feel lots better about it than I thought I would, a little sad but I've a lot on this month & you never know for me the break may do me good next time :pray: But I can say I tired!

You will get there too :D

I'm defo better than what I was last month! Yesterday I was VERY ANGRY & I think that actually helped me. I bashed on my keyboard once here (didn't type half I wanted though lol) & swore all day to myself & friends on MSN :oops: When the obvious stops I've a few things to wait on (test results), plans to give the EPU a piece of my mind (lol) & lots of good stuff coming up - Sisters 3rd birthday, BBQ party, Dads b.day, my b.day, OHs b.day ..... I'll be exhausted by September & I'm fertile on my birthday (when we will try again) :rotfl:

I'm rambling aren't I? :rotfl:

lol sounds like a plan, im glad your doing ok, being busy will help too.

I have just ordered 25 more, so thats 30 al together, hopefuly by then iw ill know one way or another whats going on with my cycle.

xx

Yer I think it be better having some left over than being way short & left wandering :D

Good luck - If you get a thermometer let me know I'll help you with that ~ Easy peasy when you know how :D

x x

Good luck Layla!

If your cycle is regular, start testing about day 11. Hopefully, you should see a gradual increase in the colour of the line until it is as dark as the test line. Then get BDing!

Sorry I want to start asking questions on this too, as I dont have a clue and will be doing the same this month as my cycle is going to be out of whack. This is prob a really dumo question but I have a digital thermometer at home, can I use that, or do I have to have a special one?!?! what do I do, just take my temp each day and look for a slight increase??
Also I went to by the ovulation kits from Boots, but didnt understand them so I didnt want to fork out loads of money for them. If I start testing from say day 11 do I test every day till the line gets dark enough, and se if that corrisponds with my temp change???

hi hun

im not bothering with the temps and chart so i cant advise you on that.

I have got a load of ovualtion tests on ebay tho and have started useing them today.

the instructions say that when you get a line the same or darker than the test line, then to get humping basicly! lol

it does tell you what days to test on depends on teh lengh of your cycle but because im not waiting for another peroid i dont know where my cycle is, so im just going to test everyday untill i get a dark line.

are you going to try right away then babe?

i wish you luck in what ever you do

xxx

Temping: Any digi thermometer will do Cat :hug:

Just try to take your temp around teh same time each morning efore you get out of bed & do anything.

If you start just sign up & theres always on of us about to help you x

Right well I have just purchased on ebay a BBT thermometer and 25 ovulation tests and 6 early preg tests. Im on a mission now!!!!

The sooner the better cause I hate my job and cant wait for maternety leave!

Plus something I discovered when doing my research before is that its a myth that ovulation occurs 14days into a 28day cycle and it varies from person to person. So charting can only help my efforts. Time to get a new ticker!

good luck cat!!

lets hope auguest is a good month for us!

xx

I will sign up and get my penguin once my tests come through.

good luck with charting cat its not as complicated as it first looks hun and there are loads of us charting now so we will all help you xxx

I brought the boots kit that has the digital thermometer and the little book for doing charts in.... but haven't really used the book, well except to scribble my temps on when half asleep!!!

Like using FF better!!!

xox

hayley i was doing that but i realised then that your temp is stored till you do next temp lol as soon as you switch on thermometer the first thing displayed is the last temp you took xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back