How do I use ovulation strips?

corky

Reaction score
Just ordered a load of cheapy ovulation strip tests off ebay, can someone tell me how to use them? xx

I wee in a cup, leave it for 20 mins, then dip opk in for 10 seconds and leave for 10 mins. I also use cheapie opks 2 -3 times a day, so I don't miss my surge... Hope this helps xxx

I bought sturdy plastic cups specifically to pee in LOL!

I tested every day from CD10 about na hour after I got in from work (so 7pm) as by then I'd not pee'd or drunk much fluid for a good few hours...

At the weekend I tested a few times a day - couldn't do that at work :shock:

xxxxxxxxxxx

So do I just test every single day aside from when I'm on my period? Xx

It depends on how long your cycle is hon - do you have regular cycles? x

Roughly how long are they? If they're quite short, then I would start testing on cd6 (i.e. cd1 is the day your af starts) about 2 -3 times a day - my cycles vary from 23 - 27 days, so that's what I did... x

cool, well mine vary from 21 days til 29 haha x

Probably best to start on cd6 then - hope you know what you're doing more now, but feel free to ask any more questions :) xx

Think the best thing is to hold your pee for a few hours and do the ov test in the afternoon. Try not to drink loads to make yourself want to go cos it will dilute your urine and won't give a proper result. Some ladies test twice a day so afternoon and then evening.

As for waiting 20 minutes, I have done that before but I don't do it anymore as I found it didn't affect the result. You can always test that by doing one straight away then waiting 20 mins and dipping another test.

Using ovulation tests can sometimes be a bit of trial and error to see what works best for you and your cycle. :)

x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back