Princess and pirates party!

leanne1b

Reaction score
Ok... thinking in advance but advice please?
Its my daughters 5th birthday in November, she will have been at school for 2months, her first birthday party.
We were thinking a soft play area, but either too expensive or too far.
So we think a hall/entertainer. Entertainers here look at MINIMUM of £150/£200 for 2 hrs... were poor!
So.... If we did it ourselves... what would we do?
Were letting her invite whoever, I would hate it if a kid in her class invited 20 kids, and left the other 10, its mean.
So up to 30 kids in her class... plus at least 5 cousins.
Theres stuff like pass the parcel etc, but what do you do with all these kids for 2 hours?! Half an hour to eat... but then what? And how could we make it themed?
And Im scared kids wouldnt come?!
I promised her a party this year, so I really want it to be good for her
x

Defo just do it yourself, its fine, I had so much fun at my birthday parties and we never had anything other than friends and party games and party food!!

A good game is the one where you have to creep up on someone and they turn round and if they see you move youre out. Cant remember what its called. Also fruit bowl is fun if youve got a halla nd some cushions. Musical chairs. Then theres the birthday cake and candles moment, see if a family member or friend can do face painting. between all the games have the food to break it up, then at the end just put on music and let them dance around and be hyper with all the e numbers in party food :rofl:

Whats the time Mr wolf! I loved that game!

I went to a childs 4th birthday when I worked at the nursery (I was payed to be there...how fab!) and they made everyone dress up in the theme then made decorations, like a fake tree (it was a fairy and elf party) out of paper mache then paints.

There was also a table (which is what I was helping with) that was a craft table. So if you were doing a pirate theme, you could make cardboard swords and some paper hats and maybe have some paints (you can pick up a big tube of paint for £1) and they can paint their own things and take them home at the end of the party.

When I think of more Ill get back to you :) but honestly, children are amused by anything, so simple games and some toys will keep them happy for a while.

Ooo I love kids parties :D

You have loads of simple games to choose from! http://www.partyplan.co.uk/asp/partygames.asp has a brilliant list if you're needing ideas...

You can also find balloon animal tutorials on youtube that are really easy to follow. I always loved balloon animals when I was a kid, you could even teach them how to make their own, that'd have them occupied for a while :D You could get the boys making swords and the girls balloon crowns if you're doing the pirate/princess theme..

Thanks so mch to all of u!! I was looking at prices and stuff and Inc food etc her party would have cost up to like £500?!?! For a 5th birthday party... Really?!? Not only could we not at all justify it, we don't have it!! X

We did monsters for my lil bro and sat all the kids down to make their own monster masks, then they spent the day running around wearing them lol, you will always get a few that dont want to take part so maybe make sure you have some dvd's handy?

u cud hire a bouncy castle?? there bout £60 here for an afternoon?? xx

My God Daughter's (Now aged 8 and 6) Birthdays have involved:
cheap hall hire, a bouncy castle
a table for cutting and sticking
a table for colouring in (I have a zillion Disney colouring pages I can email you! PM me if you want some!)
a table for face-painting (decent Snazaroo set is about £10)
and, usually a horrific amount of Hannah Montana music on repeat!!

My mate has hardly any money either, and she manages it :)

Lxx

Yes please lander! Will pm u on fcebook because I still don't know how on here.!
Dyu know what hall she used? I phoned a few today and minimum is 45 an hour... Which doesn't sound too bad until I realised a 2 hour party actually equates to 4 hours for decoratin and set up, clean up etc, so 180... Can I get it cheaper? I have no idea, is that normal nowadays? After looking up a load of games I think I can long out a 2 hour party.... Lol the stress of a 5 year olds social life!! X

no mrs u dont decorate tha hall i wud just hire for 2 hours and clean up for the least 15 mins as kids r leaving xxx

See id have to decorate. I couldn't not. I know that sounds stupid, but we've put off her birthday party for 2 yrs so I want her to really really love it and be excited. Also think I may have to move around tables/chairs, bring in food etc etc.
And again, I know I'm stupid, but shes going to a catholic school. Were 24. I kid you not, on her transition morning, we the ONLY parents under 40. Area is fairly well off, so I just don't want them to look down on her/us as the young poor parents who are thick. Iykwim? X

im having a pirate and princess party for my sons 5th birthday in september. we booked the sports hall in our local leisure centre and the function room for 2 hours with a bouncy castle for £65. we was going to put a bouncy castle in our back garden but that was £60, so for the less hassle of it being in our house we choose the leisure centre instead. its 11 days after my due date to :( theres loads of stuff on ebay cheap for pirate partys x

Seriously £65 includes the venues and the castle? Or am I reading that wrong? I hate londonnnnm!
Yeah, I'm finding a bit for pirates, not so much for princesses, but will keep looking. Thanks all of u x

Have emailed the pics now hun :)

My mate used the hall of the primary school her Dad teaches swimming at so she got a 'special' rate anyway....

http://urc-barnet.org/HireARoom.asp
Check out the Stewart Room, 3rd one down, only £15 per hour, High Barnet, not Catholic but a church hall lol

Last edited:
For ellas naming day I hired a scout hut (a nice one with outdoors as well!) and it was only £20 an hour :)

Thanks all. And lander I don't care what religion it is!! Lol as long ad I can afford it... Or kind of anyway!!
Ooh will look that up. Think I might have Been there before... Will ask oh, sounds familiar!!
I'm ridiculous. Stressing so much and it's not til November. Cians is in 2 just over 2 weeks and were still waiting for his chicken pox.... Oh god x

yeah £65 for the venue and bouncy castle, thats why i booked it straight away, obviously we have to do our own food and things but where glad its not at our house lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back