Hellooooo tri 3!!!!

KJ

Reaction score
http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur ... n%26sa%3DN

I have no idea whether my cake picture has worked or not, I copied the link to the picture. It's chocolate (mmmmm my fav!!), hope you all enjoy it! If not, I'll have another go as I wouldn't dream of joining without bringing cake for everyone!

Just wanted to say hi to everyone as this is my first day in tri 3!. I'm sooooooooo excited!!! My baby is due in less than 3 months!!

Hi to all those who were with me in tri's 1 and 2 also. You cant' get rid of me that easily!

I'll try and post a tummy pic soon, I keep forgetting to take them! I'm feeling good. Starting to get a little bit of bachache at work and starting to find sleeping a bit more difficult, but nothing major (my support pillow should be arriving any day so hopefully that'll help). Bubs is moving around lots and I think I felt a foot last night!!!

Going to start my kick chart next week. I've found a brilliant one to download if anyone is interested in the link.

Anyhoo, enough of my waffling, look forward to speaking to you all soon.

Congrats to all those who have given birth recently also, I've been following all your posts.

K.xxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya KJ, Ireplied your thread in 2nd tri! But welcome to the third tri and il pass on the cake as my brekky went down a treat, plus if my son sees cake he will do his nut and mine!

:wave: Welcome to T3, amazing how fast pregnancy goes really huh!!
...I've pinched a strawberry off the top of the cake, yummy, thanks!!

HI KJ.... wow only seems 5 minutes ago I remember you joining tri 1! Welcome and thanks for the cake.

Back ache is a common theme in tri 3 I am afraid! :hug:

Were all moaning about it! Hope the baby dont sit on your sciatic nerve as mine has just started doing, im hobbling round like a granny! Gimme a stick please!

Hi all,

no, not had the nerve thing yet thankfully. Sounds painful!

Does anyone else swim regularly? I've just started about 3 weeks ago and am doing it twice a week. I'm finding it fine, although when I finish my nose streams all night and I sneeze like an idiot!! Fine the next morning though.

I'm wondering whether pregnancy has made me more sensitive to chlorine or something?

k.xx

KJ :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Good to see you here :cheer:

I was thinking about starting a kick chart soon so if you have that link then that would be great! I have noticed that she has started having days of rest now which does tend to make me a little bit paranoid even though I know she is ok but I still don't like it when she is quite. I guess I will have to expect that more as the time goes on.

I think I felt a foot last night as well! I'm always trying to guess what body parts i'm feeling but it's so difficult to tell, I definetly felt a foot though :D

Swim? Gosh you are good....it's enough excersize for me just getting up off the sofa!! :rotfl: Nope, no swimming till baby is born but I have heard that floating around on your front helps baby move into a better birthing position (just read that in the NCT magazine this morning!) but yes, it's very likely that you have become more sensitive to the chlorine in the water....pregnancy does seem to heighten smells and tastes etc but also makes skin more irritable and dry etc. Strange 9 months really!!

Nicola said:
Swim? Gosh you are good....it's enough excersize for me just getting up off the sofa!!

That's exactly what I was thinking. I get enough excersise just trying to paint my toe nails :rotfl:

Might be the chlorine, I think it is stronger in some pools then in others, it can pack a punch to anyone when there not pregnant!

Welcome KJ - it doesn't seem any time at all since you were TTC!

Valentine xxx

thanks for the warm welcome everyone "sniff, sniff", you're making me emotional!!

I've always swum alot and been a strong swimmer and am actually fully qualified to teach it, so I do enjoy it. I do get some funny looks in the swimming pool, though! Especially cause I can still hack it in the 'medium' speed lane and I look really funny in my swim hat, goggles, and floral maternity tankini trying to be a serious swimmer!! I couldn't find any good 'serious' maternity swimming costumes!!

I do get the odd braxton hicks halfway through though and have to stop and massage my bump for a minute or so. I think I terrify all the other people in my lane!

I didn't dare do any exercise until I knew the baby was viable though, cause I was paranoid it being my first pregnancy and all. But I'm hoping that it'll help me if I keep it up when it comes to the birth.

Here's the link to the kick chart Vicky,
http://www.babypartner.com/tools/pregna ... -chart.php
You can download it in excel or Adobe pdf. I've printed out the pdf version so that I can fill it in by hand and take it in my bag with me. It depends what your midwife/gp has advised you. Mine told me to record 10 kicks in 10 hours, and this chart accommodates that really easily.

K.xxxxxxxx

K.xx

Hi :wave: and welcome to Tri3 and thanks for the cake I am going to have some with my decaf coffee at 11 :D

I go to an aqua natal swimming class every Monday night and it is brilliant! Not been normal swimming at all though.

The water makes me feel a bit itchy as it is a kid's pool (at one of the local prep schools) we do the class in so I guess the chlorine levels are a bit higher than normal (I certainly never put my head under the water!) but it doesn't make me sneeze or anything.

As for a swimming costume, I actually just wear my normal one, it was a bit old anyway and is suprisingly stretchy!

I tried to find aquanatal in my area, but all the classes are at stupid times that I can't make until I go on maternity leave from work!

Sounds really good though, I'd love to go to one.

K.x

Hey! :wave:
Third tri!! Isn't it amazing? I can't believe we're here.
I'll have to take a look at that link for the kick chart, when are we supposed to start checking for that?
I've been swimming once or twice a week for a few months but haven't had any chlorine trouble. I'm the opposite of you though, really really slow - too slow for the slow lane even. I have to go in a separate section with the very elderly! I got a maternity swim suit from top shop that's quite good and a bikini too, but I feel a bit indecent in that - I'm massive now!

Hi KJ :wave:

I replied to your post in tri 2 but thought I would sday hello here too :D

Amazing to be here isn't it?! :cheer:

I should go swimming really but in the middle of buying a house and just seem to be too busy really...thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it :wink:

hi welcome to tri 3 hun :hug: lovely cake yummmm

was just readind your last post. your work should allow you to have time off for aqua natal as it counts as an antenatal appointment

really? I didn't know that! I will definitely look into this further as I would love to attend a class.

K.xx

Hi KJ :wave:

Welcome to the third trimester. I remember you from the other trimesters and it's good to see you are catching up with us here in the "final" stage. :D

Well done for swimming. If you can keep that up it should help a lot with your fitness for labour (so I've read). See if you can do a few lengths for me won't you ;)

Thank you for the cake. It looks like a Black Forest Gateau... yummy.

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back