Hello strangers lol! A question on speech development

Gemma & Jake

Reaction score
Hi ladies long time no speak. I havn't been on here for quite a while. Jake is now nearly 26 months old and i'm not worried really but just wandering about his speech. He is switched on and knows exactly what he wants and he points to everything if I ask him where it is and will copy words if I say them to him but he isn't at the stage yet where he is asking me things or initiating conversation. He says lots of things like Mum, Dad, Nan, love you, nana(banana), nose, book, bottle, night night, bye bye, cat, yes, no, this much(when I say how much do you love me), shoes etc and he will tell me which animal makes which noise etc. It just seems like alot of other children of his age are speaking alot more and actually speaking in sentences. I was just wandering about any of your LO's around the same age. Thanks x

tbh he sounds like he's fine. If he wasn't talking then maybe you should be worried, but he says quite a few words, mimics you and sounds ever so bright :) Tia had loads of problems and at 2 could barely say 5 words and couldn't really mimic words. :(

One day he will just talk and he won't stop :)

Squiglet said:
tbh he sounds like he's fine. If he wasn't talking then maybe you should be worried, but he says quite a few words, mimics you and sounds ever so bright :) Tia had loads of problems and at 2 could barely say 5 words and couldn't really mimic words. :(

One day he will just talk and he won't stop :)

Thanks :D I try not to worry about it but it doesn't help when you get people saying he doesn't talk much does he? OR
My grandaughter/niece/nephew etc is alot younger than Jake is talking alot more arghhhhh!lol

My Mum said you just wait until he's talking more you'll be wishing he would be quiet for just 5 minutes lol!

hello, welcome back! i cant comment as millie's only 19 months but i shall be keeping an eye on this thread as i too worry she is a bit behind with her speech.

Gemma & Jake said:
My grandaughter/niece/nephew etc is alot younger than Jake is talking alot more

ooh that musdt be SO annoying :twisted:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111