Hello everyone

LoriE

Reaction score
My name is Lori and I live in sunny FL. I am due in August. This is my first pregnancy so I have many questions. I hope I can help all of you and you could help me.

I do have one question that is bothering me. I have arylic nails and have been getting them done. Is it safe? I am hearing conflicting stories. I am going to call by OBGYN tommorrow. Please if you know let me know
Thanks

Hi Lori

I'm still trying, haven't had my BFP yet! but i've not heard anything about acrylic nails causing a problem. I can't see how they would effect your baby in any way. Do you mean the fumes? The girls who do my nails wear a small mouth and nose mask. I suppose you could wear one when you get your nails put on or filled in. I have a question.......I've heard pregnant woman shouldn't wear false tan.. have you ever heard of this? I can't see how tanning cream would cause any harm to your baby as the cream is not getting into or blood stream in anyway. I am very pale and tend to wear tan on my arms and chest alot.

congratulations on your pregancy

Of course I would suggest you both ask your docs before you take advice from me but, I am pg with #3 and I have always kept my acrylics and put on the fake tan every now and then during my pregnancies. We gotta stay lookin hot somehow right? Just beware- as you get further along, it takes longer to put that tanner on- there's more of you to cover :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back