Hello All, New to the Forum

Joanne82

Reaction score
Hi All,

Sorry if this goes on and on but sometimes I can't stop myself :)

My name is Jo and I am 29 and my partner Adam is 27 and we are trying for our first child, I have a beautiful stepson who I love with all my heart, but (and I feel selfish saying this) he's not mine.

We made the decision in March to start trying for a baby and I came off of my pill and we have been trying ever since. I didn't want to become rigid so we are having fun with this, doing the horizontal tango every couple of days, especially when I am ovulating, but have not made up charts, taking temperatures etc as I worry this will add even more pressure.

We are also doing this in secret, my sisters are baby machines, so the last thing I need is all the questions, how are you doing, have you tried this etc. My OH's BF knows that we are trying and that is it.

It is great to read posts from other women who know and understand how I am feeling, Adam is very supportive and sympathetic but as he is already a dad I worry that he doesn't fully understand.

So waffle nearly over, please feel free to keep in touch and offer any advice etc that you have.

Jo x

hiya, welcome to pf :)
good luck im sure it'll happen soon
xx

Hi all, Thanks for the messages, greatly appreciated.

Fingers crossed x

Hiya and welcome to the forum! Best of luck with TTC, I'm sure you'll like it here xx

Hi I am new(ish) too! been trying since September last year - just got the bottle to talk it through with people going through the same stresses and emotional nightmare and it helps to talk! x

Not exactly in your situation but here for your support all the same! x

Hi there barrbiee,

Thanks for your post, I know its really daunting talking about it but it's nice to find somewhere that we are all in the same boat and can be there for each other.

If you don't mind me asking have you been using OPK's etc, I haven't but am feeling as though I should be x

I have but with me they are completely useless it seems i ovulate all month round (?) not too unusual in my family history but clearly not helping me so i packed them in (also i found having those made it a little more 'clinical' and kind of put my husband off if you know what i mean)

Don't worry about asking we are all thinking a ton of questions and who better to answer them than people in the same boat

x

(also i found having those made it a little more 'clinical' and kind of put my husband off if you know what i mean)

That is why we have decided to try the good old fashioned way, if we have had no luck by March, then maybe we will invest in it but I don't want to be getting jiggy on a timetable x

Well i've decided to do the exact opposite for a spell i think what works for one might not for others - i did the clinical way now im trying the 'caution to the wind' approach; I have a docs app friday morn so fingers crossed will get some tests done just to check nothing is stopping us.

I hope you get the answers, support and friends you are looking for here x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back