• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Heartburn!!!

Rachaellius

Reaction score
Omg my heartburn is so so bad. I had it literally allll day yesterday, since I woke up today! And it's making me feel physically sick!!! There's only so much Gaviscon I can take, I've also tried drinking milk and cutting out fatty foods!

HELP!!!!!!! Anyone got any other suggestions I can try?

xxx

rennie mints?
doctors for antacid pills as a last resort

I know this may sound silly but I have found that Icey Poles (ice lollies, what ever you call them) help with mine. It doesn't always last long but other times it can ease it for hours.

I may just be a strange person or it may be something that could help you too. Apart from that there is always walking after you eat to try to get your meal moving.

Hope you can find something that helps you, it's a pain in the rear end.

or some dry toast or cake to soak up some of the acid

I know this may sound silly but I have found that Icey Poles (ice lollies, what ever you call them) help with mine. It doesn't always last long but other times it can ease it for hours.

I may just be a strange person or it may be something that could help you too. Apart from that there is always walking after you eat to try to get your meal moving.

Hope you can find something that helps you, it's a pain in the rear end.

Snap! I go through about 4-6 boxes of jubblys each week :)

Snap! I go through about 4-6 boxes of jubblys each week :)

Glad I'm not the only one :). I go through between 3 or 4 Scooby Doo Freezer Pops a day.

Thanks ladies *raids the freezer for ice lollies!!!*
I'l give them a try :D
xxx

Ooh, I like the freezer pops idea. My heartburn has been awful for weeks.

Ha ha someone just said on Facebook
Gaviscon better than a fireman coming in my mouth!
Made me laugh

Ha ha someone just said on Facebook
Gaviscon better than a fireman coming in my mouth!
Made me laugh

:lmao:

Gaviscon helps a little but doesn't seem to get rid of it completely for me :(

xx

i knew there was a reason i wanted that pack of jubblys i have in the freezer, i shall save them til theyre needed lol

I have heartburn pretty much 24/7 so jubblys have been a god send lol

Apparently heartburn means baby will have lots of hair. I do have a very hairy husband

Could it be the milk and dairy giving you heartburn I got really bad lactose intolerance in my 1st pregnancy.
Not sure if the hair thing is true but I had it loads and he had loads of hair at birth.

Lesleyann - I Googled heartburn causes and couldnt work out why it said that dairy products can actually cause it. thank you for explaining :)!

I've been on Omezaprole (sp) tables since about 20 weeks as the heartburn was so bad I was nearly physically sick - been a lifesaver. It says to take one a day but I found I only needed on every 3-5 days to keep it in check. might be worth looking into if its that bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back