Heartburn

Coolbeans2010

Reaction score
Help ladies! appart from drinking gallons of gaviscon is there anything I can do to relieve heartburn, it is driving me crazy - particularly at night.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Last edited:
My friend told me flat cola... not sure if this works but yoghurt and ice cream always seem to help mine. Also avoid spicy food xx

I've not reached that stage yet!

Depends how bad it gets for you. Some of us ladies have to take omperazole because it just won't let up and is cripplingly painful. It works wonders. I only take 20mg a day and have a much better time.

yeah yoghurt, ice cream, milk gaviscon and if all else fails get the doctor and ask for ratidine or omeprazole. they dont like to give the pills to you while preg but they will if your constantly having heartburn and it wont go away.

Try tums tablets there £1.50 a pack in superdrug and they have really helped me. I did use gaviscon but that doesn't help anymore. Xxx

Ice cold milk seems to help and Gaviscon, try and work out what foods make it worse, I can non longer eat mince or tomato soup/ tomato based sauces xx

Ive been getting it really bad recently and all that seems to help is a cold glass of milk gaviscon helps but only for a short while :( x

Just seen this and wanted to say, I suffered really badly with heartburn from 20 weeks onwards it just got worse and worse....by the end of the pregnancy I barely wanted to eat or drink as everything would set it off. I started taking omperazole but I must have been nearly 40 weeks pregnant by then!! It was fantastic though ...my lo was a week late and it made that last week so much more comfortable. Hope it gets better soon... don't suffer to the point I did and go to the doctors if you feel its that bad. XX

Thanks girls for all your replies! Gonna try all the above and if it gets really bad will go and see GP xx

My mum suggested soda water. Not sure if it works though. Milk seems to work for me

Drink a large glass of water as soon as you feel the first flicker of a heartburn. The water will wash the acid back down your esophagus and into your stomach. try it hun.

Milk definitely helps!. Ive suffered with it too!, i must look like a glass of milk by now :p.

I drink it nearly everyday when i get up as i find my heartburns bad when i eat rich food, too much coca cola doesn't really do it any good either :(..I love that stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back